It's finally happened!

nealjpage

multi format master in a film geek package
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys. Sorry I've been absent but I'm preoccupied with...yes...MY NEW HOUSE!!! :boogie:After a month of negotiation and headaches with financing, I'm now a homeowner. And I think I got a good deal. It's a cozy little number that I plan on restoring over the next few years. Here's some pics. Any suggestions on a paint color? :lol:

DSCF0002.jpg

DSCF0005.jpg

DSCF0033.jpg

DSCF0045.jpg

Sorry the pics are crappy; they're just snaps to email home to family.

I actually like the color, except maybe a touch darker. But I can totally understand wanting to change it up. Its YOUR house!

I like contrast. If you live in a climate with lots of sun, go with cool colors. In an area with lots of overcast, warm colors. You'll stick out, but curb appeal isn't just for selling a house, its also to make your neighbors jealous! :)

Since I don't really know what part of Oregon you live in, and I don't know your personality well its hard for me to tell what you should paint it. But a rich earthy tone sounds nice to me. Then again, I'm a tree-hugger :) so anything that resembles nature's color spectrum is pleasant to my eyes.

CONGRATULATIONS, BTW! I hope you went with a 15-year loan and not a 30... :)

Hey, congratulations :)

It is so much easier to buy a house in the US than in Europe, believe me ;)

I myself will be looking for a new place to live, probably later in 2009 ...
will be tough finding something.

...But more importantly, which photo's will you have on the wall?

Seriously though, freaking sweet! I love the bench seat with the windows, thats character. Put a comfy cushion on that sucker and it would be a great place to read a book.

Congrats! Looks like a fantastic project, I hope you enjoy it (and post photos of the "v.1.99"). I'd go for a slightly darker shade of blue, more mid-blue than light.

Hope you're happy! I would be :mrgreen:

I've got a color suggestion! You should go with a velvetty RED! While you're at it, paint the roof read, too! And the trim!

I've got a color suggestion! You should go with a velvetty RED! While you're at it, paint the roof read, too! And the trim!

Read? What color is red? :er:

OH! I'm having a house warming party Labor Day weekend. You're all invited! :D

Do you guys know what this really represents? A $165,000 darkroom! :lol:

Ooooooh, the guest house can be your own personal photo lab!

With the red velvet wallpaper and red shag carpeting, I think I should rent it out by the hour!

ok...get rid of that green golf turf on the steps, it looks ugly lol

if the steps are concrete i suggest putting a wooden frame around it and closing in

a nice brown or a green in that last picture would be nice i think, institutional white don't really do it

congrats on the house, post shots as its coming along!

Gorgeous old house you've got there mate, well done. :)

I agree with Matt - get rid of the astro turf on the steps out the back, keep the house painted blue with white trim and i'd also suggest re-tiling the front door step with some nice terracotta tiles or maybe sandstone. :)

First things first - get out there and prune the bushes! :lol:

Most reactions

Back