It's Friday but the photos are still blurry.

tmpadmin

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.paterek.net
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This topic has been troubling me for some time now. There are obvious arguments for "Art" however; there are some basic criteria that makes "art" a universal work-of-art. What I am trying to say is that we post photos to the critique forum for harsh, honest review of our photos. Not the usual "I love it". It is very nice to have that validation of our work but do we grow any as photographers? Many love to take photos of cars, I HATE THEM! But I can appreciate lighting, composition, etc. I would never hang them on my wall! I like nature photography but some hate that!

I would expect in the critique forum that you will get 50 - 50 response of like and dislike however, if you put a photo for critique you want to get the honest review and sometimes heartless critique of what you decided to point your camera at that day. We all shoot trash, we all shoot masterpieces, I think we should expect to hear that the photo we posted makes someone sick, or brightens their day or causes them to run from the room and vomit - IN THE CRITIQUE FORUM. I view that forum as both a testing ground for visual and emotional appeal as well as technical expertise.

popcorn.gif

What point are you trying to make exactly?

Well...the point was addressed there too.

No need to make another thread really?

bace said:

completely agree.

putting it plainly and simply for the masses...

the critique forum is a learning tool designed to help anyone who desires honest, yet brutal feedback from their work. sometimes, that means getting a bunch of "I like its", sometimes that means making someone throw up.

take it as you will, there are no guarantees.

bace said:

Thought maybe since there was so much action and it was OT for that thread I'd make a new one. Sorry Bace didn't realize you were the topic police. ;) :hail:

That's ok. For future reference I'm also on the pus.sy patrol, and I'm a Ninja.

Reconiiiiize.

Fix up.

photogoddess said:
Matt... It think it's time for you to bust out that badge you keep on your tripod strap. :lol:

sorry tammy, i denounced my status and gave bace the deputy sheriff ranks for good. :lol: :lol: :lol:

photogoddess said:
Then you actually need to send him the badge. He needs to look all official and stuff. :greenpbl:

im sure bace has all the credentials to be the man. :lol:

*grabs crotch*

Yeaaaaaah!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back