I am Big, I am Mike
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.mikehodson.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Another week has past and the weekend is upon us.

This should be an exciting weekend for me. My fiancé & I are flying to California to attend my grandparents 60th anniversary. They are getting pretty old and there may not be too many opportunities to visit them. I don't think their heath would allow them to attend our wedding in the fall.

It will be a quick trip, we fly out of Edmonton at 6:40 am on Saturday and will get back here just before midnight on Sunday. Not much time for sight seeing or for photography but I'll see what I can do.

What's everybody else doing?

Man, 60 years is awsome. Congrats to them.

Hopefully, I'm picking up a used Nikon N90 I just got on ebay. Turns out the seller is about 30 min away from me. This will be my first autofocus that will have owned.

I should finally have a weekend to enjoy after a bunch of work the last few weeks. Although I do have to come into the office tomorrow morning to migrate our network on to a new Internet connection. Pure joy!

Cross your fingers for me that we get an offer on our house this weekend (went on the market earlier this week)! :)

Cross your fingers for me that we get an offer on our house this weekend (went on the market earlier this week)!

Feel lucky your not in Michigan. The economy is so crappy here that unless it's new construction, houses are on the market for a year. You can drive around and point at all the houses going into forclosure.

BBQ tomorrow with some car friends & hopefully golf and/or tennis on sunday. Happy hour tonight after work :)

i love california... where abouts are you heading? My favorite cities there are san diego & then san francisco.

I have the weekend off!!!! I have no idea what I'm doing. Mostly cleaning, I think..and throwing lots of crap away. Sunday night I'll be seeing Erik when he gets off work...and between now and then I need to learn how to roast a whole chicken. Anyone wanna come over and show me how??

Throw that chicken in a crock pot Corry, season it, and let is cook :)

meotter said:
i love california... where abouts are you heading? My favorite cities there are san diego & then san francisco.

I'm flying into Sacramento and driving about 60 miles north to Gridley for the party and staying in Yuba City for the night.

Chase, good luck with the house. I haven't sold one yet, but buying sure was a battle.

DOH!!! ok so I just found out that they have taken casual day away at work. We have a new head honcho and he is makin new rules around here. Every Friday we are allowed to be casual and wear jeans..mmmm jeaaaaaans :drool: well I find out this morning that has been changed last night and from now on its "corporate" casual. WELL HELL THATS WHAT WE HAVE BEEN DRESSING AS THE REST OF THE WEEK..grrrrrrrr....wait I can wear a sweater with my shirt instead of a blazer....woohooo....

sorry, had to vent..that just really gets my goat...when new people come in and take the last little thread of light at the end of the tunnel for the end of the week...

Work as usual for me.

Have a safe trip Big Mike- wish the best for your grandparents for us!
Have fun with the SAT uni- it sucked when i took it!!
Good luck with the chicken C...mmmm chicken.
Houses mostly go fast on the market around here...but then again Oxford has become one of the top retirement communites in the nation. It sucks, I'm either surrounded by old folks drivin 13.5 MPH or students on cellphones doing 190MPH. I just want to stay inside where it's safe. Either way good luck Chase.

core_17 said:
I have the weekend off!!!! I have no idea what I'm doing. Mostly cleaning, I think..and throwing lots of crap away. Sunday night I'll be seeing Erik when he gets off work...and between now and then I need to learn how to roast a whole chicken. Anyone wanna come over and show me how??
If you want it oven roasted, just buy one that has one of those pop-up timers. Put him at room temperature about 30 minutes before you put him in the oven. Preheat the oven to 450...that's right, 450. Put him on a rack above the roasting pan, and to save dishes you can line the roasting pan with tin foil. Make sure you've removed all the innards (save them for the kitty, she'll love you) and rinse well. Pop him into the oven (you might need to lower a rack) and IMMEDIATELY reduce the heat to 350. (The high heat seals in the juices by initially searing the skin.) Then walk away for half an hour or so. After that you can start basting, if you'd like. I usually do. Should be roasted in about 2 hours, depending on the size. Just remove when the popup timer goes off, and let stand for 20 minutes before carving.

A nice pinot noir and salad and rolls, and that's dinner. So can I come over???? I'm hungry now! :mrgreen:

Set it out for 30 minutes room temp? Does that mean I don't have to defrost it in the sink for several hours?

I got SIX whole chickens given to me, so I've got a lot of chicken cookin to do!

...and of course ya can come over Terri-kins! You can sit on the couch right between me and Erik! :twisted:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back