IT's FRIDAY

Core,
I'm sure it does have to be fully defrosted.

core_17 said:
Set it out for 30 minutes room temp? Does that mean I don't have to defrost it in the sink for several hours?

I got SIX whole chickens given to me, so I've got a lot of chicken cookin to do!

...and of course ya can come over Terri-kins! You can sit on the couch right between me and Erik! :twisted:
Oh, I didn't know you already HAD them. I was thinking about those fresh hens you can buy with the self-timers...they're great. If they're frozen, keep frozen till a day or 2 before you're ready to cook. I like to thaw in the the fridge for a day or so, then take it out and leave it in the sink till completely thawed the day I cook it. These directions work best on a chicken about 6 pounds and up. :thumbup:

And I would never sit between you and Erik.....the cat might scratch me. :cat:

I thought that sounded kinda funny! No, not fresh..good and frozen. I'm not sure of the size...I'll have to check when I get home. Guess I should put one in the fridge when I get home from work tonight then, huh...give it a full day plus some in there, then Sunday it can thaw the rest and I can have me some roast YARD BIRD!

core_17 said:
I thought that sounded kinda funny! No, not fresh..good and frozen. I'm not sure of the size...I'll have to check when I get home. Guess I should put one in the fridge when I get home from work tonight then, huh...give it a full day plus some in there, then Sunday it can thaw the rest and I can have me some roast YARD BIRD!
Don't forget the pinot. :mrgreen: And frozen is perfectly good, especially with a slow thaw like you have time for. :thumbup:

congrats to your grandparents Mike! ehh... actually it is another doig-nothing weekend... I have very long holidays now... till October, and yet I have to start my summer job. So this weekend I'll be probably shooting pics.

I'm working. I DON'T usually (hardly EVER), but I have to. I have a big, fat mess. Sat around through March and April, wringing my hands.... wondering where the next project was coming from.. then BAM!

So, I wish you all a safe, happy weekend.

Friday couldn't have come soon enough this week. :roll: The local camera store is having a parking lot sale tomorrow so I hope to pick up a few new things. Mmmmmmm "L" glass :drool: Aside from that, I'm thinking I might start riding my horse again (it's been WAY too long), take a motorcycle ride to the beach and walk around with my sweetie and get some well needed rest.

SATs tomorrow :confused:

then the rest of the weekend i am priveledged to study for exams

this time next week, my friends, will be amazing!! :D :D :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Wife's cousin getting married tomorrow. We have a 'function' after the wedding at the groom's place and I am called to cover that event, since the official photographer won't be there. So I am looking forward to that.

Other than that, my annual vacation has started (2 weeks). Will be dong the London trip next week. Perfect timing for the second wedding anniversary.

Mmmmm...the chicken has been in the oven for about 45 minutes...smells soooo good already! I put some marinade stuff in with it (even though I don't really even know the correct way to use marinade)...it's lemon pepper and garlic..smells SOO good. I put a little of it in with my last post roast, even though it says it's for seafood and chicken. It really gave it a nice kick. I used a bit more for this one though...hope I don't F anything up! Hahah...AND I hope I cook this thing properly..I don't have one of those pop up meat thermometers, so I'm gonna have to do it the old fashioned way, and cut the thing open and see what color the meat is. Damn it smells good...I'm hungry.

(even though I don't really even know the correct way to use marinade)
Marinade is a sauce which the meat sits in before cooking. It actually starts the cook process before heat toughes it. The marinade will normally be acidic. The idea is that it not only flavours the meat, but it also tenderises it.
It depends on what is in the marinade and what meat it is, as well as waht you're going to do with it, as to how long you should let it sit before cooking.

depending on the flavor and strength of the marinade, it can be used as a basting(*sp) agent. so you are doing ok with it...

good luck!

md

KevinR said:
Feel lucky your not in Michigan. The economy is so crappy here that unless it's new construction, houses are on the market for a year. You can drive around and point at all the houses going into forclosure.

Come to the UK, houses here sell for thousands and they sell rather quickly infact...

Most reactions

Back