It's Happening!

Mpix.com is a great place to have prints done.

I see this as another advantage of hosting on a site like SmugMug. For example, I did a shoot today at a skate park for a guy I know who is into BMX. I'll host them on SmugMug and then if he wants a print he can pick it and purchase it there.

Well congrats. It is always nice to have someone 'want' your work. It is nice to see your work hanging on the wall framed.

Let us know which way it goes!

Well, I had them printed at Ritz, I guess they're OK. Probably not something a pro would use... I sent them to her the other day so we'll see. She's going to have to have a custom frame made for the panoramic shot though.

mpix.com does an excellent job. You can even have them frame and/or mat them.

^^^ Well, I figured the best way would be for them to frame them since they know their taste better than me.

Congrats. I know that feeling.

I took some street graffiti shots and shared it with my co-workers. One of them "ordered" three of the photos. So I basically rescanned the negatives in higher resolution, touched them up and gave the electronic files to her so she can decide what size she wants to print them at. I am too lazy to do the prints for her.

Too bad I haven't seen the prints(not even sure if she did print them).

Is Ritz a decent place to have prints done? I'm avoiding Walmart at all costs!

mpix.com

Used to be a very selective pro lab in the film days. As Miller's Professional Color Service they actually turned me down as a studio account because I didn't have enough annual lab dollar volume.

With the digital revolution they had to come down off the "high horse" and now print for everyone. But they have NOT DROPPED STANDARDS!

I get excellent prints for very affordable prices. A 16x20 display print I needed super fast cost me:

16x20.......................................$15.99
mount on double weight board.......$-7.30
lustre spray................................$-2.04

FedEx next business day...............$10.75

Total.........................................$36.08

If you upload your image early enough in the day, they often print and ship that same day. If not usually the next day.

And they still have a professional division operating under the Miller's Professional name but I stay with the mpix division.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back