TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.jamsessionphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I see a lot of fun in my future..
toys.jpg

I had purchased the 24-70 and used it for walk around. Then I got the 16-35 and that became my walk around.

All great lenses, congrats...if you need help breaking them in, I will work with the 200mm for you, you know, I want to help. ;):mrgreen:

Have you tried the extender yet?

oh yeah.. its freaky deeky.. though it does lower the f-stop to 5.8 its still cool to zoom out to 400x. Be prepared for a back brace though.. its heavy.

Nice! That's a beauty of a kit. Now all you need is a full frame body to put them on.

Congrats. Nice website btw.

I had purchased the 24-70 and used it for walk around. Then I got the 16-35 and that became my walk around.

All great lenses, congrats...if you need help breaking them in, I will work with the 200mm for you, you know, I want to help. ;):mrgreen:

I am trying to decide between the 24-70 and the 16-35! So its cool to find somoene that has both.

If you were to choose just one of them for a wedding, which one would you choose?

Does the 24-70 feel heavy after a while? its twice the weight of the 16-35.

max -- Thanks! I do need to update it though..

msf -- After shooting a little with both I think I am going to like the 24-70 better than the 16-35. Don't get me wrong, the 16-35 is great, but I see using it more for landscape shots or when I'm in a tight situation where I need a wide lens. Yes, it is heavier, but after shooting with the 70-200 it is pretty light. :)

max -- Thanks! I do need to update it though..

msf -- After shooting a little with both I think I am going to like the 24-70 better than the 16-35. Don't get me wrong, the 16-35 is great, but I see using it more for landscape shots or when I'm in a tight situation where I need a wide lens. Yes, it is heavier, but after shooting with the 70-200 it is pretty light. :)

Just wondering about the 24-70, does it have a tripod/monopod mount on the lens? If so, does it rotate so you can take pics vertically? Im guessing it doesnt rotate, its just something I got wondering about.

I love your HDR work on your website. that is a beautiful collection of lenses too! I wish i had that kind of money to drop on lenses but I want a new deck instead.

I am trying to decide between the 24-70 and the 16-35! So its cool to find somoene that has both.

If you were to choose just one of them for a wedding, which one would you choose?

Does the 24-70 feel heavy after a while? its twice the weight of the 16-35.

I do not shoot weddings, I mostly shoot buildings and landscape.

I keep the 16-35 on my camera alot (60%) and the 24-70 (25%) - and split the rest of the time between the 50mmf/1.4 & 70-300mm

I do not notice the weight at all - sometimes I am out for 5-7hrs. I also carry my tripod. Some people are more sensitive to the weight issue. I recently put the camera strap on my camera, but I do not like the strap at all. I am thinking of taking it back off.

Sometimes when I put the 50 on my camera, it is so light I look to see if there is a lens on the camera. :)

I love your HDR work on your website. that is a beautiful collection of lenses too! I wish i had that kind of money to drop on lenses but I want a new deck instead.

Thanks. I like doing HDR, but it can be a PITA and it is also very controversial. I'm not sure why, but there are a lot of photographers out there that do not like it.
This lens set was a dream come true.. but it had a price... I received an inheritance from my grandfather (who turns 92 this year) that was suppose to go to my dad. He died when I was 7 from a fatal car accident that my sister and I were both in with him. I would much rather him be alive and well, but I will put it to good use and always think of him.

Playing with the 70-200 with the 2X extender.. It is raining here and the humming birds are everywhere.. very hard to get a good shot though.

Here is one hovering over the catnip plant I have in the garden. They are soo cool.

hbird.jpg

hbird2.jpg

Most reactions

Back