It's like photography event day for me today...

manaheim

Jedi Bunnywabbit
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The local airport has a cafe and they display local artists' work on their walls. I was just "approved" for a showing there.

This will also kinda be my first "real" showing, since the last one was at my dentists' office, and he's a super good friend of the family (translation: too easy), and because no one at a dentist's office is really thinking too much about photography. :lol:

Anyway, I'm psyched. Guess I'll have to take the pics down off my walls at work again. :lol:

This a a great opportunity. Depending on when the show starts; consider getting some new work mounted.

I have had more than a couple of showings and I have to say that the best part for you and the proprietor is the opening reception. Have some cheese, have some wine and you will have a ball. Oh yeah; and hopefully some folks will be buying your work. If not that is ok. It is all about networking and exposure. No pun intended.

)'(

This a a great opportunity. Depending on when the show starts; consider getting some new work mounted.

I have had more than a couple of showings and I have to say that the best part for you and the proprietor is the opening reception. Have some cheese, have some wine and you will have a ball. Oh yeah; and hopefully some folks will be buying your work. If not that is ok. It is all about networking and exposure. No pun intended.

)'(

Oh hey... I wonder if they do that there. You know, I have no idea. Would be interesting... might be too much of a jump for me. I'm too freakin' shy to talk to random people. :lol:

Certainly would be nice to see a few sales, but mostly it will be a kick to have the work on display. I can't wait to go eat at the restaurant with my pictures around me. :)

Definitely framing some new images as well, so that will be cool.

.... and I bow to thee.

:lol:

Friggin' sweet man, does this mean you're ready to go pro?

haha, thanks.

Well, could you please define "pro" for me? I could really use another long heated discussion on that. :lol:

Technically I'm already "pro", since I do paid photography work for commercial real estate. This, however, represents more of my hobby side of things.

Congrats.

Talk to the owners about an opening night. If they have a bar area, they'll probably do it. If it's just a restaurant, doubtful but it never hurts to ask.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back