It's official. We are in a bear market.

Lets see if we see a 20% decrease at the pump. I doubt it.

I was shocked to hear the head of the oil companies over here just before Christmas. When asked "when will the price at the pump be reduced now that the price of oil has dropped" his response was "not before Christmas, more people are buying petrol now because it's winter and they're doing a lot of shopping so will be buying more petrol".

I was shocked to hear the head of the oil companies over here just before Christmas. When asked "when will the price at the pump be reduced now that the price of oil has dropped" his response was "not before Christmas, more people are buying petrol now because it's winter and they're doing a lot of shopping so will be buying more petrol".

things like that really wind me up. :x

I hardly use my car now. I cycle to work and back when previously I would hop in the car. It was more for health reasons but saving money is a bonus. :)

I hardly use my car now. I cycle to work and back when previously I would hop in the car. It was more for health reasons but saving money is a bonus. :)

i've thought about getting a bike for work but i don't knock off till ten at night and would have to go through some pretty dodgy areas to get home. Probably wouldn't have my bike very long before someone else decided they wanted it more...

Hmm... maybe. I live in a very safe area on the whole.

That said, someone did try to nick a bike right outside our office door once, and we had the door open, and were working just a few yards from it.

The cheek!

We gave chase, and he didn't have time to get on it, so just abandoned it and ran.

hehehehe... hello... decided to venture out of "Left of Right or Right of Left??? Huh?" place eh...

IMO, the price of Oil shouldn't be a greatest concern.

IMO, the price of Oil shouldn't be a greatest concern.

Neither should any other superficial material possession that we as a people use as a part of everyday life.

But it is. I was damn near broke BEFORE gas hit $3 a gallon, and I have now sold my car and get around on a 650cc scooter.

I bought gas for $3.56 a gallon today. That was nice!

I hear from my source that the sky is still falling on the US economy. Every Friday another bank goes under and Starbucks is closing 500 of their cafes Across the US.

Here's what bother's me...

Gas... Starbucks.. Banks all get into the news... but decades of losses in manufacturing seem to take backstage..

We speak against China's lack of labor rights... but we still allow them to compete with local laborers for jobs.

We don't like the way the Communist's leverage capitalism BUT we also LOVE their inexpensive products.

We feel bad for those losing jobs BUT we still fill Walmart's parking lots..

We complain about gas prices BUT until recently the one of the biggest sellers were Trucks and SUVs.

Oh man... got to stop... I'm already crossing into the "No politics" danger area... thats all I'm posting in this thread before the mod's kick me out

:taped sh:

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back