It's snowing!

LittleMan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.sorberaguitars.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
well... not really... but it looks like it anyways. ;)

As I type this I can see my neighbors outside taking photos of 'our snow' :lol:

Check it out. :mrgreen:

Down my street.
ice_2116.jpg

Out my front door.
ice_2119.jpg

What's usually brown...
ice_2115.jpg

Very slippery... (almost fell... :lol:)
ice_2112.jpg

Those little lines are actually the sleet falling.
ice_2125.jpg

Frozen leaves.
ice_2107.jpg

Same plant... earlier this morning.
ice_2104.jpg

It's so crazy... I love it when it freezes like this... everything gets shut down and you can't go anywhere. haha
I think the funniest part is everyone outside taking pictures... :lmao:

Well, it is a lot MORE than we have ever had here in our "Winter 2006/2007" so far!
Our temperatures don't even go down far enough to let us have anything remotely like ice or snow. They forecast another (+!)12°C for tomorrow here... :roll:
And rain, rain, rain, RAIN .....................................

And to think, when I was in San Antonio it was in triple digits.....and when I was in Houston less than a week ago, it was in the 70's!!!!

And to think, when I was in San Antonio it was in triple digits.....and when I was in Houston less than a week ago, it was in the 70's!!!!
yeah, three days ago it was 65

three days from now it will probably be back up to 70. :lmao:

Well, it is a lot MORE than we have ever had here in our "Winter 2006/2007" so far!
Our temperatures don't even go down far enough to let us have anything remotely like ice or snow. They forecast another (+!)12°C for tomorrow here... :roll:
And rain, rain, rain, RAIN .....................................

We've had a couple of hard frost just before Christmas. and that's about it. It was -3 or so for a while as well but that was always during the day. I keep saying to people "we're going to be in for a very hard winter when it sets in" but I'm not so sure myself now. We've had rain today yet I was walking around at 4pm in a t-shirt.

Snowed last night, today, three days ago, a week ago. I'm ready for summer or at least above freezing temps.

My Cable has been down all morning... just got it back a few minutes ago.

It got a ton worse over night, huge branches are breaking from the weight of the ice. Also, a car slid off a hill outside our house and got stuck in the mud on the side of the road... all our neighbors were outside watching as a few of the guys cranked it out of the mud. :lol:
The road was so icy that one guy could grab the front of the truck and turn the truck on the road until the truck was facing the correct direction. :lol:

While I was watching that... a huge branch fell about 10 feet away from me. (after that I was always watching above me... and never standing under any large branches)

I took more photos this morning. I'll post them later when I get some time.

btw, the ice is starting to melt... but I don't think we'll be able to go anywhere for another day or so.

Hey neighbor! I have that same problem here in arlington!

Heh...nice.

It's funny....because you'd almost think that places that get like that often are always having snow days and stuff....

...but the further north you go, the less snow days there are, because everyone is equipped for it. So the weather you're having, that has everything shut down....would be just another miserable day for most that live as far north as me and further!

here are a few of the photos from earlier today.. just got around to editing them.

IMG_2133.jpg

IMG_2144.jpg

IMG_2167.jpg

IMG_2165.jpg

IMG_2160.jpg

blah... it started to thaw out today... dripping everywhere... but it will freeze again tonight... :thumbdown:

They've lifted the hosepipe ban today! :mrgreen:

I think I'll go out and water the garden for the first time in almost a year. Second thoughts, I'll wait until this horizontal rain stops. I don't mind rain, I don't mind wind. But put the two together and it's horrible. Especially with 70mph gusts. :/

Perfect time to wash the car though. :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back