It's the lighting, stupid.

Well of course. You feed enough light into any camera it'll be a good shot.

Well of course. You feed enough light into any camera it'll be a good shot.

And how many noobs do you see post that they don't even want to consider purchasing a flash because they don't like the way it looks?

Point:VI.

I just need to learn how to use flash in a manner that doesn't make shots look like shiat. Animals don't tend to like flash, and I don't tend to like people, so I gotta figure a way to practice.

The vid is excellent. Thanks for posting it.

Saw this when it was posted on Strobist. It's amazing what great lighting does. I remember when I first got into photography I wanted to learn how to post process like some of the photos I'd seen. After getting a little deeper, I realized most of the look I wanted was from really great lighting. Keep in mind they're using some very nice light modifiers, great makeup artists, and professional image retouchers. But, it still proves the point. Be sure to go to the site. It shows the full-res photos.

so ... i'm planning on upgrading -- which iphone takes the best pictures? :sexywink:

This video just proven that the gear is not what makes great pictures.
Sure they used those big ass softboxes and alot of equipement, but at the end, the photog used some creativity to place those light correctly. makeup artist did a good job, model was great and the "professional retoucher" also did a great job.
at the end, its team work and creativity.

there is one thing that blew me away while he was shooting the full body shots, you could see gaps on each side and then filled the gaps in post proccessing. i never though this was done by the pro's. i always though they were using extra large background.
no **** i always have problem fitting my models on that background when shooting full body shots. They end up too close to the background

Sure they used those big ass softboxes and alot of equipement, but at the end, the photog used some creativity to place those light correctly. makeup artist did a good job, model was great and the "professional retoucher" also did a great job.

there is one thing that blew me away while he was shooting the full body shots, you could see gaps on each side and then filled the gaps in post proccessing. i never though this was done by the pro's. i always though they were using extra large background.
no **** i always have problem fitting my models on that background when shooting full body shots. They end up too close to the background

They're still using some expensive gear. Those lights and modifiers aren't cheap. The professional retoucher is probably using a computer that cost at least $2000 and I'd bet a large chunk of money that he's using PhotoShop and not MS Paint.

Like the super huge background I didn't use on this one?

They're still using some expensive gear. Those lights and modifiers aren't cheap. The professional retoucher is probably using a computer that cost at least $2000 and I'd bet a large chunk of money that he's using PhotoShop and not MS Paint.

Like the super huge background I didn't use on this one?

yuuppp hehehe

i died laughing when he got handed the iphone and he said "DUDE... this can't even shoot RAW...."

Most reactions

Back