It's you're turn (Chess thread)

no female chess players?

so far only response has been from the guys...

How about a TPF Chess Tournament? Prizes to be determined later. :lol:

Karalee said:
Um, Im hooked up, I just cant play chess :roll:

But I kickass at scrabble :p

so learn, woman! i'll teach ya, if you are one of those people who needs a human teacher...

how about a chess tournament by team? mitica's on my team. i call it.

seriously, we could set it up thus:

each team gets an equal amount of land in the beginning- say north america and central america. that team could challenge bordering teams to a match- winners of the match take the land. if a team challenges and looses, they loose an equivalent part of their "territory." at the end, one team owns the world. kinda like the board game... (can't remember the name of it, but someone will)

waddya think?

Osmer_Toby said:

each team gets an equal amount of land in the beginning- say north america and central america. that team could challenge bordering teams to a match- winners of the match take the land. if a team challenges and looses, they loose an equivalent part of their "territory." at the end, one team owns the world. kinda like the board game... (can't remember the name of it, but someone will)

waddya think?

that would be fun if i was any good...

md

MDowdey said:
Osmer_Toby said:

waddya think?

that would be fun if i was any good...

md

we'll do this- every team must have equally levelled players- i.e. a newer player, an intermediate, and a more advanced player. when challenging another team for the land, it could be any or all levels playing an equal weight player. we could develop rather easily a formula for determining points for wins (taking into account levels) and the team with highest points once every member played his or her game wins the land...

or something like that.

Osmer_Toby said:

waddya think?

Start planning which land you want, Toby! I'm with ya... :lol:

Seriously, that's a great idea, I hope it catches on. I hope also that Chase doesn't think we're transforming TPF into a Chess Forum. :shock: :lol:

Since I've played most all of you. I would say Mitica and Toby are the best. So they can't play on the same team :p

voodoocat said:
Since I've played most all of you. I would say Mitica and Toby are the best. So they can't play on the same team :p

um, actually i am not in his league. he is beatin the livin piss outta me as we speak. i countered his opening with something a bit unconventional, and he has kept me reacting ever since. he has found every chink in my armor, exploited every weakness. in fact, i should really offer to resign, since the outcome is most definitely decided.

better to say mitica is the best, toby's somewhere significantly lower on the food chain, somewhere above beginner but definitley below expert.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back