I've been asked to shoot a chick in a bikini

ababysean

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
on the beach.
I am thrilled, I like more of the sexy shoots..
but I have no idea what to do.

lol
any tips?
pointers?
or a website of examples?

on the beach.
I am thrilled, I like more of the sexy shoots..

lol
any tips?
pointers?

This is an easy one to answer - Wear sun screen and sunglasses. That is what you should do.

Actually your information is rather skimpy (no pun intended) Why is the girl wanting these photos?

I guess I'll put my newbie self out there for a lynching but I'd start with showing some respect. Seriously? I wouldn't take a photographer seriousiously who referred to his model as "a chick in a bikini". Aside from that, check out magazines for ideas you like. Victoria's Secret, Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Edition, etc, to name a few. At risk of being shot in addition to the lynching, why were you asked to do the shoot if you "have no idea what to do"? Does the model (or whoever asked you) know this?

I'm a chick. I guess I do need to be careful about this, but I am very causal.

She is not paying me, she saw my work and wants to take some pictures for her fiance in Afghanistan, then we got to talking because my husband is also in Afghanistan, one thing led to another and I'm taking her photos on the beach in a swimsuit.

I was just asking for some pointers as this will be my first experience on the beach other then taking pictures of my kids.

We are going either at 8am or 6/7pm.

What time do you think would be better?

I'm a chick. I guess I do need to be careful about this, but I am very causal.

She is not paying me, she saw my work and wants to take some pictures for her fiance in Afghanistan, then we got to talking because my husband is also in Afghanistan, one thing led to another and I'm taking her photos on the beach in a swimsuit.

I was just asking for some pointers as this will be my first experience on the beach other then taking pictures of my kids.

We are going either at 8am or 6/7pm.

What time do you think would be better?
That depends on whether or not you have any OCF gear. Of course if you head out to Escambia Bay you'll be facing east shooting into the sunrise or if you are going to somewhere on the gulf like Perdito key I don't think it would matter as much. If you have some off camera flash equipment you can get really some really great sky's otherwise I would just bank on golden hour.
I think it would be easier to get there in the afternoon but maybe less crowded in the morning.

Since we are both military I'm thinking about just going over to NAS and go on the beach there. it will not be crowded, not sure if that is the bay or what! lol

Since we are both military I'm thinking about just going over to NAS and go on the beach there. it will not be crowded, not sure if that is the bay or what! lol
Yeah, the base has some great beaches, just be wary of the backgrounds.

So what does your other half do in the Navy there anywho? I know most people are only there about a year or so.

He is actually at Cory, at the hospital, He is an x-ray tech.

He is actually at Cory, at the hospital, He is an x-ray tech.
A'ha, we used to live right next to there (actually right behind the ABC store in Fairfield Lakes). I can't say I miss the place but I do miss the beaches.

This is an easy one to answer - Wear sun screen and sunglasses. That is what you should do.
sunscreen :thumbsup:
sunglasses? Have you ever tried to look through the viewfinder with sunglasses on?

lol
any tips?
pointers?
Meter for the ambient and flash to light the subject.

I dislike this area. I gave it a year, nope, still don't like it.
I live as far away from the base as possible (near Cordova mall and the airport) that area over there is so gross and run down, it is sad.
To make matters worse, we bought our house here, in the 2 years we've lived here we watched the value plummet over 70K! ughhhhhhhhhhhhh! :(
I prefer Lejuene myself!
He has been in Afghanistan since the beginning of the year. It sucks being here alone.

I only have my sb-600 for a flash on camera.
Wonderful. Depending on your body, you can use CLS out of the box or find a hotshoe adapter to get the SB off camera. To use CLS you'll have to have the Commander mode in camera. In the early days use TTL. The results should be satisfactory enough. Plus or minus the flash exposure to hit your subject with enough light. Trial and error unfortunately unless you have a light meter.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back