I've been gone for a while...

TheKenTurner

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey guys! I haven't really been posting much on here, but I HAVE been browsing a lot, especially in the DSLR video section. I've been extremely busy with school and hockey, and just don't have as much time to sit down and learn about photography. One of the subjects in school that takes the most work is my communications technology course with is mostly based around video. We are on our fourth assignment right now, and our first two were commercials.

The first assignment was to promote a club in our school, so my group and I decided to do sports in general. this is how it turned out:

It seems like the video attachment isn't working, so I'll just leave the link: http://vimeo.com/51138814

Things I would have changed: Too much head space in a few shots, Color is off for the "strength" shot, there's no "co-operation" in the basketball shot, I messed up the audio but know what I did wrong, and I didn't sync up the video at the end with the 16 people.

for the second assignment, we had to do any kind of PSA that would affect students, so we decided to do one about Facebook privacy, and watching who you talk to online.

https://vimeo.com/52589392

For this one, I think it would have been more affective to be an adult instead of a student (me) being the creepy guy. The color in a couple shots is a bit off. Also, the text at the end should have been a little more in your face. You can also tell where I started to get lazy when editing.

If you have any critique for these videos, that would be great! Everybody is always learning!

For both of these videos, I didn't come up with the ideas (but added here and there), but planned out most shots and filmed (because I was the only one who knew how to use my camera), and I also edited. I have a new group now, and we all have different skills, so the work is more spread out now.

P.S. I've been missing Tyler </3

Most reactions

Back