I've been practicing focusing and hopefully getting better!

Layspeed

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
British Columbia, California & Philippines
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm willing to listen and take in anything you've got to say, as always. Thanks! #1,2,3 were taken around the house. #4,5 were @ the Manila Zoo here in the Philippines.

e1603547.jpg

5394938e.jpg

51100e21.jpg

a2e90c50.jpg

93de50a4.jpg

The angle and the way #2 is focused makes my eyes want to cross when I look at it.
#4 is a really good picture, although depressing, as it is a monkey in a cage.
#5 looks kind of dull to me, I don't know how to describe it...noise? I am just learning the more technical part of photography, so maybe I'm not most helpful with my comments.

Beautiful pictures though!

Personally I think #4 is excellent. It tells a story.

Technically speaking, I would have squared up to the cage before shooting the photo (if possible). That way the bars wouldn't be at an angle. I don't think it detracts from the overall impact, but it does kind of lead the viewer out of the photo. It's also a bit underexposed.

Nice job.

Thank you Jacki and Dennis! I like #4 a lot also because as soon as I previewed it in camera, I felt so sad for the monkey! The snake picture I just added because a friend of mine said he liked it. The "noise" is because I was shooting behind a piece of dirty zoo glass :lol: I didn't think about squaring off the cage either but you're right it would have made the photo neater. I had a hard time with exposure that day because of the harsh mid day light and the sun kept poking in and out of an mostly over cast sky :grumpy: The wind chime pictures were hard to focus on for me. I see now that #2 is difficult to look at. I just liked the purple tinge in the green glass in #3 though.

Most reactions

Back