I've had an "Oh Crap!" moment~ Help please!

The NN one is amazing, but maybe a little tooo perfect he almost doesn't look real more like a doll.. however many moms may totally love that angelic smooth effect!
It is the most striking difference but is it still him I guess is what I'm saying..
Good Luck..

Yeah, the Ninja is nice! Interesting to see what Auto Color (right) thinks of the image (put a hard curve on there too):

jenn76-manual-labor_IMG_0271.jpg
jenn-auto-color_IMG_0271.jpg

Wow, you guys have all done a great job! Thanks so much! Noise Ninja looks a lot better than the Noise Reduction thingy in iPhoto, that's for sure! I might post some more... you guys can play as much as you like. Thanks again! :hug::

Just a bit of a question for future work.

Did you check your images after shooting them, on the LCD screen? High noise often comes up quite clearly, or atleast if you zoom in.

Alternatively, was there a point where you thought: "Hey this is really easy, i'm able to get some great shutter speeds in this light"

I've had the same problem (ISO accidentally set way too high), but I normally pick it pretty quickly, either with the LCD review, or with noticing that i'm able to use a much faster shutter speed than what i'm normally used to in similar situations.

I did glance at my LCD, but really only to check lighting. And you're right, I should have realized when I got a good shutter speed that it was too good to be true! I have never had this happen before, and my issues are usually with lighting (should have been a clue, right? ;)), so I wasn't looking for noise. Lesson learned! :D

Not to mention, this is a friend who I haven't seen in a year, so we were busy being girls, catching up and playing with the baby! So yeah, definitely not paying enough attention!

I gave it a go also using CS3. I reduced noise and then sharpened edges.

IMG_0271edit.jpg

If anyone is interested in seeing what else I came up with for this shoot so far, you can see some of them at http://gallery.me.com/flygirl76/100257. Any feedback is appreciated!

BTW, I do have more where the little guy is looking at/towards me, not so much off-camera as the ones you'll see in this link... I just haven't gotten to them yet.

Most reactions

Back