I've never shot a film camera

Trying_to_learn

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
And am thinking about getting one. How would I go about getting my pictures onto my computer?

You can either have your lab scan the negs and give you a photo cd
or
get you own film scanner and have some fun
or
scan prints, which isn't quite as fun

This is from an Ektachrome slide that I scanned with my Nikon film scanner.

MP_Lily0001cr.jpg

If you have been shooting digital a lot be prepared to stare at the back of the film camera like a picture is magically going to appear there! :D

I do it all the time when I use my Rebel G. Just goes to show how used to shooting digital I am.

How much does a film scanner run? Would that be cheaper than having them put on cd?

Get a good flatbed scanner with a neg scanning attachment, such as the Canon 4200F. I´ve had mine for a couple of years and it does a great job.
I think it cost me around €120 (so maybe US$150?) which is really not too bad!

Not to be a jerk here but if you want pictures on you computer why not just shoot digital???

There is something special about film. It's not the same as shooting digital. When you shoot digital, you can take 100+shots of the same settings with an infinite number of settings/lenses/etc. Film, you get 36 or 24 shots on that roll of film with no preview feature. So after developing the film, it always a surprise as to how it will come out. I also would personally prefer to enlarge a negative the good old fashion way. I feel as if a photograph is much more rewarding after it is done that way.

JIP said:
Not to be a jerk here but if you want pictures on you computer why not just shoot digital???

Most reactions

Back