I've never used a macro lens before

TriggerLoft

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
And I don't know if I will because all I need to do is zoom to 55mm, adjust my focus and then put a magnifying glass on top of the lens. Yeah, you could just buy one to save you the effort of holding a magnifying glass on top of your lens, but this is still a good trick to save 100$.

Attachments

• _DSC0194.JPG
    _DSC0194.JPG
    973.3 KB · Views: 139
Forgive me if I'm wrong because I've never actually used a macro lens and I don't know just how good it can get.

One of my stocking stuffer Christmas presents when I was first into photography was a set of close-up filters. Same as using a magnifying glass, but screw onto the lens. You can also stack them to get even closer. I found they were a fun thing to play with and used them quite frequently. Now with a DSLR the third lens I bought was a macro lens.

All you are doing with the magnifying glass is starting that long endless road into macro photography. :)

..............All you are doing with the magnifying glass is starting that long endless road into macro photography. :)

Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.
smiley_green_borg.gif

Forgive me if I'm wrong because I've never actually used a macro lens and I don't know just how good it can get.

Just go visit the Macro forum here and you will get a better idea of how good it can get. Macro is super fun and super addicting, but like all types of photography takes patience, persistence, and lots of practice.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back