I've Sinned!

PhotoXopher

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.lightartisan.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
... and went against the grain to get a new body over a new lens.

I returned my 80-200 f/2.8 and purchased a D300s with the hope that next year I'll be getting the 70-200 VR.

A couple things played into my decision.

* Winter is fast approaching. That means I'll be outside less, and my 18-50 and 18-250 Sigma's can cover my needs quite well.

* Although the lens was killer, I did miss having VR.

* 51 focus points... just wow.

I'm not sure yet if I'll keep the D90 or sell it... I guess I'll know for sure in a couple weeks. Right now I'm leaning toward keeping it. Would make a great second body should I ever decide to turn this more into a side job down the road.

Sometimes, a new body upgrade is required over a new lens... so you are not REALLY sinning.

I'm in the market to upgrade my telephoto (still not going L) and then getting a new body.

Congrats on the purchase

You're a gear junky. Not a pro. One of the benefits of being a gear junky is there is no sinning involved in spending a retarded amount of money on gear you don't need. Win!

I thought long and hard about this too when I bought my 7D. I really wanted the 400 f/5.6, but I had some images of bear cubs playing in Alaska that I took with my 8mp 30D in June that looked like cr** when I cropped them ...

I've done some amazing enlargements already with small crops off the 7D (not to mention some high ISO shots that I love) and am convinced I made the right decision (and, someday, I'll be able to afford the 400mm ... )

I'm keeping the 30D as a backup/2nd body.

Enjoy your new baby!

You're a gear junky. Not a pro. One of the benefits of being a gear junky is there is no sinning involved in spending a retarded amount of money on gear you don't need. Win!

That hit kinda hard :lol:

Hmmm... maybe you're right.

spending a retarded amount of money on gear you don't need

You have me wondering if the new $429 Canon S90 would be good enough for my real needs.

:confused: :(

That hit kinda hard :lol:

Hmmm... maybe you're right.

spending a retarded amount of money on gear you don't need

You have me wondering if the new $429 Canon S90 would be good enough for my real needs.

:confused: :(

Um.... No way could you ever capture a decent picture with that...

of course the S90 would be good enough (can't see me can't see me)

Why not go for both. Sell the 18-250 and the D90 and get the 80-200 f/2.8 back. If u really need a 2nd body get it at a later date. U will defo use the lens and notice the quality of it over your Sigmas......

I think your actions are irresponsible and somewhat childish. You have an incredibly short attention span. Obviously your priorities are incredibly screwed up. You could have done the responsible thing, but no... you elected to ignore your responsibilities.

I mean seriously, how long are you going to wait before you update your damn signature line?!?!?

Seems to be a curse, every time I update it - something changes :lol:

The 18-250 is nice to have around, after kicking around the idea (and actually trying) to sell it I've decided to hang on to it. I'd rather have the 70-200 f/2.8 so I'll save up for that and get it next year some time.

I might sell the D90, not sure on that.

Last edited:
I looked at the 80-200 samples you put up,and thought the bokeh was not very good...it's been six years since the 70-200 VR, the first generation hit the streets, and in that time I've seen more 70-200 shots than 80-200 AF-D samples. I'm kind of a bokeh fan,and honestly, I think the 80-200 you had was no great shakes, and I think buying a newer, better body was the right choice.
Seriously, not pulling your leg.

I dont care about lens > body anymore, you got what you wanted. A D300s and im happy for you. Your two sigmas will work great.

So congrats. :thumbup:

Wow, I guess I will have to be the guy on the other side of the fence and say that I really don't see the point in your purchase. So far you have spent enough money to purchase a D700, but yet have two DX format cameras with the same sensor that take the same IQ images.

:crazy:

Most reactions

Back