Iwo Jima Memorial

scoob

I have seen the writing on the wall
Reaction score
dad (jonmikal) and i went over to the iwo jima memorial yesterday, here are three shots from our visit. i played around in PS with selective coloring and adding some grain. dad helped me with the borders. hope you like them. :D

27412848-L.jpg

27412851-L-1.jpg

27412846-L.jpg

I really like the second one. :thumbup:

When I was there I never thought of getting angles like it. I did the almost "cliché" photo of the soldiers silhouetted by the sunset. (Though it was when I was in 8th with a p&s)

The second shot is stunning.

The third put a smile on my face.

The apple don't fall far from the tree. ;)

I agree, #2 is amazing. :) You know, most anyone else with such an amazing photographer for a father would have live in their shadow, but it looks like you're already making a name for yourself. Keep posting!

Two and Three are my faves. I think I prefer the last one, but I'm a sucker for images with just a touch of colour. Good job and welcome!

Rob

Has the first one been cut in half? Looks like the right side is missing. :(

Good photographs. You've clearly got a photographers eye. Give it a few years and you'll be teaching Jon a thing or two. :mrgreen:

ferny said:

Good photographs. You've clearly got a photographers eye. Give it a few years and you'll be teaching Jon a thing or two. :mrgreen:

nope its all there.

thanks for all your comments

ferny said:

people tend to photograph the more popular side view of the monument. this view is perpendicular to the side.

They are all good scoob, but the second one is really outstanding. I look forward to seeing more of your superb work. BTW-I have to share this with you. I have been totally uninspired lately and had found this wickedly gothic church I was looking forward to shooting. And then......you posted that fabulous photo of the gothic church.:confused: Back to the drawing board for me!:greenpbl:

I'm glad you are here. Keep posting these wonderful pictures!!!!

Both my father and my uncle were on Iwo Jima in WWII, my uncle was in the Fifth Marine Division and was on the island when the flag was raised, but as he put it, "I was killing Japs on the other side of the island when the flag was raised."

Unfortunately my sister believes that the US military is nothing but a bunch of baby murderers, and the real heros of today are the 19 creeps that flew the planes into the World Trade Center. According to her the United States is just reaping what we have sown over the past 50 years of 'world domination.'

Tally Ho

scoob...awesome shots. Something about the second one, I keep going back to and looking at. The third one is neat, with that touch of the flag in the background. Stick with your dad, and your gonna rock at this. Amazing stuff scoob!!!

scoob said:
nope its all there.
JonMikal said:
people tend to photograph the more popular side view of the monument. this view is perpendicular to the side.

Ahh, I see it now. The image was half the width of the other two and it was clearly cut right down the middle. I don't know why. :scratch:

these are really great, scoob...good good job !!.....eveyone says your like your daddy,but your momma is a great photographer too.....you get it from both sides!!

keep up the good work.....and welcome!!

Tally Ho said:
Both my father and my uncle were on Iwo Jima in WWII, my uncle was in the Fifth Marine Division and was on the island when the flag was raised, but as he put it, "I was killing Japs on the other side of the island when the flag was raised."

Unfortunately my sister believes that the US military is nothing but a bunch of baby murderers, and the real heros of today are the 19 creeps that flew the planes into the World Trade Center. According to her the United States is just reaping what we have sown over the past 50 years of 'world domination.'

Tally Ho

Thanks for sharing that thought, but I'm having some trouble with understanding why you feel the need to post such comments in the photo gallery. I feel for the nerve that has been hit by seeing a memorial but I would appreciate your control from posting such jargon in the general photo gallery as well as expressing political views on this forum. Thank you very much.

Most reactions

Back