IX

gizmo2071

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.ummonshadow.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Another from my simplistic/minimalistic series... the 9th infact and my first color to the series.

Untitled1.jpg

4seconds,
f/16,
iso100
Helios 44mm + ND8 filter.

Enjoy.
Thank you.
Matt

Very blue - and maybe also my personal favourite of your series for there is a LITTLE more to be seen. I really wish I had an ND filter so I could "persuade" my camera to expose for 4 whole seconds in broad daylight! The effect of the water is fascinating. My daughter's first question was: is this ice? Which it isn't, but the effect makes it look like ice somehow.

I'd love to get a more opaque ND filter, mine is only an ND8 which is 3 stops.
This was shot very much in the shadows, in broad daylight I would have been pushed to get anything under half a second without having over exposed areas.
The water was very still and and I had to wave a stick around in the water (must have looked like a crazy man) to create the movement, without the movement you could see the reflections of trees very strongly. like in the image below, which is of the same area.

Untitled2.jpg

I think I'm going to try and do more of the series in the future with my ND filters rather than my IR filters.

Yes, by all means you should do so, for I personally find the result quite convincing (and I would have liked to see you disturing the still surface with that stick just so you'd create this effect of smoothness! Reflection-free smoothness, that is). Very nice outcome!

I plan on going back when the skies clear up.
There are several places around this same area to add to my series.
Just the skies are very dull at the moment.... which actually might be a good thing.

Most reactions

Back