J Roberts Bateman - St Michaels, Md

Rick58

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Another miserable day at the museum. First trip was cloudy with showers, so I made a second 4 hour trip with the promise of sunshine and blue skys. Instead the day ended up more clouds and gray skys, So I came home with little more then a camera full of garbage. This was probably the best of the day. Comments are always welcome.
Bateman_zps89a24dee.jpg

The gray (grey, gree?) skies work best for a subject like this, unless you could photograph late or early in the day with a low angle (lower than the sun typically is during the day at this time of year anyway). I hope you understand that?

Thanks for the input Fanboy. I know the difused light gives softer shadows and better water reflections. Color situation also benefits.
In my mind, I think the dreariness also adds to the mood of this particular photo

Yup, good light when bad weather. The fact there are no people also adds to the dreary mood here.

to me that cyan(?) sky does bad things. Perhaps a WB so the boat is white?(presuming that was its intended color originally lol). anwho only $.02 worth at any rate. ;)

The red tinge of the foreground grasses work well with the rust of the boat and follows nicely with the newly painted red roof (and half of the doors).

Did they leave a light on for ya'?

Did they leave a light on for ya'?
The place was a ghost town, with only one other couple wondering around. I wish I lived closer. I'd definitely spend more time there. Very friendly folks

Most reactions

New Topics

Back