J&S *dial up death*

Xmetal

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
photobucket.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This was my first real crack at couple portraiture, I battled long and hard with the skin tones but i'm otherwise happy. :) The clients were ecstatic. :)

IMG_0673.jpg

IMG_0683.jpg

IMG_0687.jpg

IMG_0693.jpg

IMG_0701.jpg

IMG_0748.jpg

IMG_0764.jpg

IMG_0773.jpg

I can clearly see why the happy couple would be "ecstatic" - These are a lovely compilation of photos. Well done - Good job!

My only critique is on the one of them laying down on the grass. The lighting could have been a little better on their faces. Excellent work though.

Regards
Chris

And ecstatic they should be!!! Very nicely done!!

what type of camera do you need to make those amazing shots..........

what type of camera do you need to make those amazing shots..........

Somewhere on this site is a quote that says something like..asking a photographer what camera took these pics is like asking a artist what kind of brush he uses.

kinda confused on what your trying to imply

Wow. These are incredible... love the one of the kiss- Great work! I want to see what they are looking at in the last one though!!! rofl

Wow, those 2 look really young! You did a good job on these.

However, I wanted to mention something about #5 as well. It looks like the burn tool was used around his head and shirt, as well as her shirt. It left some heavy gray shadows on their faces. And there appears to be something triangular sticking out from behind her head. Not sure what that is, but its distracting.

Other than that, they are very good. My favorites are #1, #2, and #7.

The camera is a very small part of the end result.

Also, to further expand on heip's point, I completely agree. While you need a camera to make all this happen, in my opinion, I would say that its 10-20% camera and equipment, and 80-90% on how the photographer uses the camera and how the image is processed (whether its firmware in camera, or using a photo editing program out of camera).

Over half the battle is won if you have good lighting and exposure. :)

Wow. These are incredible... love the one of the kiss- Great work! I want to see what they are looking at in the last one though!!! rofl

hehe, J got a text message on his PDA. :)

Thanks for the replies guys.

#5 is a dual exposure, the background is the 'low' exposure and the foreground with the couple is the 'high' exposure - my monitor at work isn't calibrated properly so I can see what NJMAN is pointing out, I agree it looks a bit 'powdery' here at home on my parents' PC.

univ': It's not the camera I use it's how I use the camera that I use. ;) Technique and an eye for detail are my main tools and the camera is my device I used to capture what I see. Photoshop is the catalyst. :)

Wow, these are AMAZING!!!! Not a bad shot in the bunch. The kiss is so tender and special.

Somewhere on this site is a quote that says something like..asking a photographer what camera took these pics is like asking a artist what kind of brush he uses.

My signature. ;)

Marian

Most reactions

Back