Jackie...lit with reflector

Rosy

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
hi there, thank God my kids are patient. Bounced flash off ceiling, Jackie held silver sided reflector
CC appreciated

_DSC6049effect by rosy1816, on Flickr

I think it looks great! One thing.......... it almost looks as if there are 2 catch lights in her eyes?

Not bad at all Rosy! A little more hairlight wouldn't have gone amiss as you've lost some detail in her hair (and a quick combing too would have helped too). Other than that, just a slight crop to remove the little bits of visible arm, and you're in business.

I think it looks great! One thing.......... it almost looks as if there are 2 catch lights in her eyes?
The top catchlight is probably the flash and the bottom is the reflector.

It gives kind of a clam-shell lighting effect.

Not bad at all Rosy! A little more hairlight wouldn't have gone amiss as you've lost some detail in her hair (and a quick combing too would have helped too). Other than that, just a slight crop to remove the little bits of visible arm, and you're in business.
JOHN
Question for you - I had light hitting her from behind but it was capturing lots of fly aways....shoud I position it higher or just position it to the backdrop??

Also - if i crop the bit of her hand i crop hair - is this ok?

I think the shot has too high a contrast level, because her hair is plugging up and going dark in several spots, and her eyes are also very dark.

I think the shot has too high a contrast level, because her hair is plugging up and going dark in several spots, and her eyes are also very dark.
What would you recommend Derrell - lower the contrast in PP - lower the refelctor? first time doing this. Liking the effect but wanting to perfect it

By the way I bought the action from Lusker that you recommended on another post - INCREDIBLE!!!!!!

Yes, the blackpoint is too high, making the darks very dark, so yes, lower it in post processing.

thanks Derrell

Most reactions

Back