JaMbA Juice

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by Mumfandc, May 31, 2005.

1. Mumfandc

Mumfandc TPF Noob!

All my classmates have been raving over the past semester about the JAMBA JUICE smoothie joints here in the city. Every morning I see them sipping on the stuff.

So just today was my first time to try them out. Basically I spent $5.16 on a very bland tasting "Banana Berry Blast" or something like that. I don't know what the big deal is about them...maybe I should've added a "protein boost"??

I've noticed though that all the Jamba Juice locations are in proximity to college campuses, along with HUNDREDS of organic food stores. They are opening a new Jamba Juice right next to my college. My school is mostly fashion design majors...great marketing strategy. They even have pocket sized maps to tell you all the Jamba Juice locations in the city.

2. Chase

Chase I am now benign! Staff Member Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Although I do like most of their drinks, the price is definitely a rip-off. Its basically another form of Starbucks, without the coffee beans! :lol: I think its more of a trend factor than anything else.

3. LilCujo

LilCujo the quiet troublemaker! Supporting Member

DOH!! that sucks ducks...I love that place...peanutbutter mood.mmmmmm tashtaaaaay...maybe next time (if there is one) you will get one you like....

4. Alison

Alison Swiss Army Friend Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    I think I need to instigate a no food topic for the duration of the pregnancy........

Now I want a Jamba Juice (the one I had was AWESOME!) and there aren't any here, or near here, or really, even within a 5 hour plane ride.

*sigh* :drool:

5. LilCujo

LilCujo the quiet troublemaker! Supporting Member

:greendev: hmm we could have fun with this...could make a "whatcher fave food" thread dedicated to you...hehe hmmm :drool:

6. Mumfandc

Mumfandc TPF Noob!

Heh, I also liked (in other words hated) how they yell out your name when you get your smoothie: "A Banana Berry for Dexter!"...in front of all these NYU students at this particular branch.

I have a bad enough time with the woman at the Registrar's Office at my school, she always teases me about my name saying "You don't LOOK like a 'Dexter'"!...

...Well I've got a NAME for her and it's got 5 letters and starts with the letter "B".

j/k :)

7. meotter

meotter TPF Noob!

i like jamba juice :) but then again i also like starbucks, so take that with a grain of salt. the prices at both are complete rip-offs, but they're quite tasty :)

since you're in manhattan anyway, you might want to try a different smoothy/wraps place called the emerald planet.

http://travel.yahoo.com/p-travelguide-2735689-emerald_planet_the_new_york_city-i

i've eaten there a number of times and always found the food & smoothies to be very good. prices are typical NYC prices :)

8. Corry

Corry Flirtacious and Bodacious Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Weird...this Jamba Juice must be big...there is a thread on another forum I'm on about it!

9. mentos_007

mentos_007 The Freshmaker!

Photos OK to edit
    WHAT IS JAMBA JUICE?!?!

10. meotter

meotter TPF Noob!

jamba juice is a place like starbucks, but instead of coffee, they sell smoothies of all varieties. i think they're quite tasty and they also have this reputation for being "healthy & natural"

11. mentos_007

mentos_007 The Freshmaker!

Photos OK to edit
    uuu interesting... we don't have anything like this here... but I hope someday I'll be able to try it :) sounds nice