japanese pavillion

Middlemarch said:
Glad I could help out. If it makes it any better, I think your picture sucks.

golly man, you didn't need to be so harsh about it. :confused:

Middlemarch said:

I think you're mistaking harsh constructive critisism with just mindless brashness. Let's keep it clean and above the belt please.

Middlemarch said:

Hey middlemarch, Please refrain from those types of comments. They are not welcome here.

--matt

yes 'my' image is a bit dark. but hey, thanks for taking the time to critique the other two images someone else posted in my thread. it's good to know everyone's paying attention :biglaugh:

I could have taken the above comments harshly, but I didn't. I see it as an 'attack' made in jest. That's all. If I was a different person, I could have taken it as a harsh statement on what was a simple mistake on my part (thinking someone else's pic was yours). But, I didn't. (Looking back on it, though, I wonder if I should have taken it seriously, as a serious attack. It could easily be read as a demeaning comment.)

My comment, in turn, was meant to be similar. Perhaps I should have placed a smiley after it. Perhaps that would have made all the difference. I don't know. What I do know is that I am shocked by the warnings that have followed and their nature.

Please know that my comment was NOT meant to sound like a serious attack. I was simply playing along with what I perceived to be friendly, sometimes crude banter. Again, perhaps I should have used a smiley.

As I've explained already in a letter to MDowdey, it seems to me that attacks made in jest are very much a part of the TPF culture...

"I have read many, many, many posts in this forum in which members have 'attacked' one another in jest. It seems very clear that name-calling, friendly attacks, etc. are very much a part of this forum's culture...This was my intention...the comments were given in jest, following what I saw as a precedent set by other, well-established members."

Whatever the reason, I apologize for my part of the misunderstanding. However, I also feel the need to say that I am getting a bit angry, the more I think about this. It seems there is a core group here (that includes both established and newer members) in which banter, jesting, sexual innuendos and, yes, attacks are accepted. I suppose for the rest of us, this is not tolerated.

In every other post I've made, I have tried to make helpful comments. Please see for yourself. I believe I have been a good, positive member, despite my inexperience with photography. If one comment has nullified all that and given me a mark on my reputation, so be it. I am not in control here. However, it does leave me feeling frustrated and questioning what is acceptable and what is not. From now on, I will keep my comments benign, simple, and as humorless as possible.

Again, my comments were not meant to be serious. All apologies, JonMikal.

Here's a smiley to help clarify if anything I've said here, once again, has been mistaken: :banghead:

MM

good shots..i like the red bridge in the 3rd image

Middlemarch said:
Again, my comments were not meant to be serious. All apologies, JonMikal.

whatever dude. your comments here coupled with your smarta** comment in my OT quiz thread tells me otherwise. you obviously have an issue with me or would not speak in a negative tone, especially in two of my threads...either way, i don't give a damn about your apology or whether you liked my overly saturated pic.

beautiful shot jm! not everyone can say that they were married in such a wonderful place, but to capture it as you have here, would be enough for me, spot on :thumbup: :thumbup:

whatever dude. your comments here coupled with your smarta** comment in my OT quiz thread tells me otherwise. you obviously have an issue with me or would not speak in a negative tone, especially in two of my threads...either way, i don't give a damn about your apology or whether you liked my overly saturated pic.

Wow. I'm floored. Really, I'm baffled by the outcry over this. It's obvious you can't take a joke. It's obvious that you and others are quick to jump on an honest mistake and a misunderstanding and turn it into an attack on someone outside the 'inner circle'. Why would I have had an issue with you? (I do now). Seems to me that the culture of joking and rules about appropriate comments doesn't apply to everyone around here. That's all I'll say on the issue, as I'm bowing out of this forum. With the in-crowd, the hyper-sensitivity, and the he-said-she-said, it is a bit too much like Junior High School for me. Have fun, kids.

I'll chime in here, and say 2(or more) Things:

-> First and foremost, I like the pic, oversaturated, yes, but it kind of gives it a dreamy effect. The only thing about it, I, would change would be to make the sky a barker blue. But all in all it looks like a wonderful place to have a wedding.

-> These actions... where do you get em? Other than making them in ps? I want some, they look like fun.

-> Smilies are our friends. I used to think that they were silly nonsense, but having been in a few sticky situations, trying to kid around on line, but have it turn out all wrong, I have completely changed my pov on them. A line of text will be interpreted by the reader, the only way you can influence they way they interpret it is thru the use of smilies aka emoticons. I also try to give the benifit of the doubt when reading another persons post, if I get offended I usually read it again, and try to think if there is a liklyhood that it was intentionally offensive, and if not, I assume that I have taken it wrong. I sometimes kid around with my friends calling them jerks, or tell them what they are doing is dumb, completely in jest, and only to get a reaction out of that person, but it doesn't work very well on line, because you can't see their reaction, and more importantly, they can't see yours.

Soo... How do I get actions?

ps: :) :( :lol: :greenpbl: :sexywink: :hail: :D :hug:: :lmao: :hugs: :x ;) :confused: :thumbup: :blushing: :mrgreen: :meh: :thumbdown: :lovey: :heart:

pss: sorry if I wrote tooo much. :hugs:

Jeff.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back