Japanese Restaurant - C&C Please

Parker219

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I haven't turned these in yet, so if you see anything that I should fix, I can still edit them.

Thank You

Interior-1a-sfw.jpg

Interior-2a-sfw.jpg

Interior-5a-sfw.jpg

Sushi-Platter-3a-sfw.jpg

Sushi-star-1a-sfw.jpg

Not bad at all; I like the work in the restaurant, but I might try and correct at least some of the perspective distortion in #1, and there's a nast flare on the table right at the corner in #2. The food seems just a bit bright and over-saturated to me, but nice aside from that.

Good call on the reflection...not sure how I am going to fix that, but I will try.

BTW...I got rid of some of the background lights, added a little contrast, and toned down the highlights a little and got this...

Sushi-star-contrast-a-sfw.jpg

Nice Parker. The difficulty in wide angle is trying to keep the lens level to cut the distortion. Not always easy to do.

^ Thank You

Yes, definitely. In this case there were so many different kinds of light as well as different colors, so it made it tough to balance everything. Plus the place is dark, so I want to keep the mood, but also have it light enough to see things.

A lot of the interior shots I took were 2-4 second long exposures, so I could pull light while at f/10-14.

A pet peeve of mine is perspective. All of the shots in the room show some degree of perspective distortion. That can be fixed with Photoshop if needed.
Other than that small aspect I really like all the color and the lighting.

^ I hear ya. When I try and fix the distortion more than I already did, I start to lose some of the photo. So in this case, WIDE is beating out distortion.

Here are some other food pics...

Kuchi-Sushi-Web (36).jpg

8. I WISH I would have turned those 3 rolls to show the fish inside!
Kuchi-Sushi-Web (39).jpg

Kuchi-Sushi-Web (32).jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back