jeeeeeeeese!!!!

Dew

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
ummmmmm hello .. we're living right across the street from the oldest Mansion/building in Manhattan and my hubby fails to mention it to me :crazy:

i mean, for pete's sake, our dog has pooped in their yard :lol:

it's a musuem now (Jumel Terrace) ... i just think its a little odd that we've lived here since april and it didnt occur to him tell me that we're sitting next to a gold mine .. historical monument ... not to mention we like to take pictures...

our dog has peed and pooped in their yard ...for pete's sake jeeeeeeeeeese!!!!

dont worry dew!! i dont think your dog minds too much where he handles his business....start photoggin!!!

md

the dog didnt know, business as usual :lol:

i saw 2 bus loads of people going over there this morning .. told the hubby, he says, "oh yeh, thats a musuem across the street, its the oldest builing/mansion in Manhattan." ... i said, "we've been living over here all this time and u didnt tell me that." :scratch:

so, we're going over now :D

i always saw it, i just figured it was an old house for kids or something, i dunno :roll:

it was a beautiful mansion but not entirely suitable for "picture taking" (at least not for me anyway) ... i didnt get much, and the lighting in there was awful :? ... so i trashed almost all the pics i got, the hubby trashed all of his, except one or two :lol: ... but since u guys are gonna want to see something, i'll toss u a bone :p

not exactly what u would call some of my best work :lol: .. they had some of the sections closed off, so i couldnt get closer ... for you "interior" shooters, i would love some tips on shooting indoors (in a setting like this) with minimal light :D

saw this in the basement kitchen, near a window

bucket.jpg

this was one of the living rooms

room_bw.jpg

another living room, they had several in different colors .. i stiched this one to make it wider

stiched.jpg

Hey Dew, good shootin girl :wink: Love the last one, which you stiched, makes the floor seem 'warped' the contrast of the others is amazing.

I think the first and last are very good. The B&W was a great choice in the first and it really feels like I am looking at old used stuff. Something that could tell stories if it talked.

The last picture is also great, I do not get a warped sense though and think it is stitched very well. The room itself appears almost mysterious to me and therefore very interesting.

i forgot to mention George Washington the first President of the United States stayed there for a short time, one of the places he commanded his army during the Revolutionary War. . i got a sense of how they lived, the house is very big with a lot of rooms. :D

also, Napoleon's bed resides in the house, the wife who lived there tried to lure him to the U.S :D

Dew these are excellent. My type of shots :thumbsup:

The first one is outstanding. Did you also try this one with a small reflector or two? That rope would pop out with added depth and texture. Also the buckets texture would be brought out slightly lighter.

2nd one. This is my favorite i think. What are you saying the lighting sucked? Indoor window lighting is an outstanding lightsource. I like the falloff window light with the chair legs casting soft shadows. I love the black and white choice... this room looks so silver.

#3... .This would be my favorite except my head keeps twitching while I'm looking at it. I really love the lighting and mood again on this one. Even more so than the last one. Also really dig the colors in this one. Almost looks like a colored black and white :)

Whats the light reading like on these? What time of the day?

we went about noon, there was an over-cast in the sky .. i used an external flash attachement with a "soft box" covering for a fill-in (except the first one) ... the ones that i didnt use a fill-in came out too dark.

its hard for me to judge these types of photos, cause its not something that i would normally shoot (interior, landscapes, etc.) ... so all the while, the hubby and i kept saying, "we're not exactly interior people." :lol:

u know, its hard to judge something u have no experience with :? ... so i went around finding little objects and such that i found interesting (like the bucket for example) :D

I wish i could call shots like that not my best work. maybe if i move ot new york. So you've been living across the street from the oldest place in Manhattan and you didn't notice any busloads until yesterday?

I wish i could call shots like that not my best work. maybe if i move ot new york. So you've been living across the street from the oldest place in Manhattan and you didn't notice any busloads until yesterday?

the thing is, there are lots of tourist floating around NYC all the time .. i dont really pay too much attention to it. :lol:

and all the buildings look old to me, so i didnt know the difference between that one and this one i live in ... as a matter of fact, the building i live in is a landmark.

i saw the busloads of people all summer, i figured they had some kind of conference or something :roll:

Most reactions

Back