480sparky

Chief Free Electron Relocator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
pixels.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Had a rather interesting turn of events this morning. I spoke with a good friend who has a printing business about a project I'm working on. After that, he mentioned he needed me to do a bit of electrical work for him. It just so happened I had driven my work van to his shop, so I took care of it right then and there.

But................. (and I can hear Peewee Herman now......"Everyone I know has a big but, so let's talk about your big but!")........ instead of getting paid in the usual fashion (money), I decided to take him up on his offer of making up some of my b&w work on some top-end paper. Although photo printing isn't his bread-n-butter, he certainly has the ability to make an image stand out.

Here's the scoop: I came home and scrounged through my hard drives. I narrowed my choices down to 25 possibilities. But I just can't cut any more out because I like all 25 of 'em. So I'm asking for your help in selecting 13 of the 25 images in the link below to toss out, leaving me with 12 images to print.

http://www.filedropper.com/bwprints

If you'd rather not download the pdf, I also uploaded them to a file folder on my PB account:

BW Prints Photos by 480sparky Photobucket

Please keep in mind they are reduced to 600 pixels on the long edge, so there won't be a ton of details in the online copies.

Reading (In Photobucket) L->R, T->B, I would print #1 (Butte), #3 (Stairs), #5 (Log), #9 (Building), #12(Window), #13 (Stairs), #18 (Eagle), #22 (Church). I know that's not 12, but...

Last edited:
Okay, attempting to envision them as large prints wasn't easy, and attempting to cull the "almost favorite" from absolute favorites was even harder, but:

My picks (I didn't see numbers or titles, so just started with #1…)
1, 6, 7, 8, 9, 11, 14, 19, 20, 23, 24, 25

Reading L->R, T->B, I would print #1 (Butte), #3 (Stairs), #5 (Log), #9 (Building), #12(Window), #13 (Stairs), #18 (Eagle), #22 (Church). I know that's not 12, but...

Uh-oh. Now I'm worried. I didn't see any L>R, only T>B, and what I was looking at, #1 was a close-up of wood grain.

EDIT: Oh, I see now. John looked at your photobucket, and I was looking at the pdf. They're arranged differently, which could result in a bit of confusion about which ones we're voting for unless we state which item we were looking at.

Yeah, Photobucket has the annoying habit of displaying them according to date and not name.

Reading L->R, T->B, I would print #1 (Butte), #3 (Stairs), #5 (Log), #9 (Building), #12(Window), #13 (Stairs), #18 (Eagle), #22 (Church). I know that's not 12, but...

Uh-oh. Now I'm worried. I didn't see any L>R, only T>B, and what I was looking at, #1 was a close-up of wood grain.

EDIT: Oh, I see now. John looked at your photobucket, and I was looking at the pdf. They're arranged differently, which could result in a bit of confusion about which ones we're voting for unless we state which item we were looking at.
Thanks Sharon, that never occurred to me.

From PDF (to print): 1, 6, 10, 14, 24 are my favorites.

I would look for two groups (six + six or five + seven) and each group could be displayed on its own. For me that would be: 1, 9, 13, 14, 15, 22, 25 and 6, 10, 17, 23, 24 (twelve total).

From PDF 25, 24, 22, 20, 15, 14, 13, 12, 3, 1

are the one that caught my eyes the most.

I think these would look nice:

How big is he printing these for you?

Probably 8x10.

That's not all that large.

My experience with printing is that things don't get all that exciting until you hit 13 x 19 (11 x 17 with a 1'' border).
Size makes a difference with respect to what you (decide to) print.

I haven't looked at your shots yet, but at 8 x 10, I would say it doesn't much matter which shot you choose.

I have an Epson 3880.
My preferred paper is either Canson Baryta Photographique (for B & W - $2.77 per 13x19 sheet) or Canson Platine Fiber Rag (for color - $3.86 per 13x19 sheet).
Both use photo black (as opposed to matte black).

I guess what I'm saying is get larger prints.
Much larger.

Were they shot on film ? If so why would you want an inkjet print I would take they money wet prints look much better

My favorites, Photobucket, Left to Right, Top to Bottom: 1, 3, 5, 6, 8, 13, 15, 16, 17, 19, 22, 23, 25

Most reactions

New Topics

Back