Jerome

abraxas

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
All the talk of Phoenix meetups got me going through more of my junk.

780w-c5310.jpg

780w-c5312.jpg

400w-c5325.jpg

780w-c5326.jpg

Have fun- sure is pretty country out there.

I love that last shot. Is that the old Daisy Hotel?

I hope you'll make it back out this way someday!!!

All nice images! My favorites are 1, 2, and 3!

Interesting area! I bet it's hotter than he** out there!

I love that last shot. Is that the old Daisy Hotel?

I hope you'll make it back out this way someday!!!

I'm not sure. Jerome was sort of a lunch & launch spot. We came out of Phoenix and drove up there to eat before heading off to Sedona. A lot of people said it was a ghost town, but I thought it was a bit nicer than some of the communities we have around where I live. I like to pick out local/regional history books in the museums and got some interesting stuff while I was there.

All nice images! My favorites are 1, 2, and 3!

Interesting area! I bet it's hotter than he** out there!

Thanks. It was actually much cooler up there in the higher elevation- 5,000 ft. Nice place for lunch but a bit thin on the air.

I love that strange little town, have to visit again soon.

I only had 2-3 hours there. It seemed quite nice.

Jerome was my grandfathers name and a derivative of mine.

I think #2 is just too cool. Something about the last one makes me think of the Clint Eastwood spaghetti westerns. Maybe it's High Noon :confused:

Jerome was my grandfathers name and a derivative of mine.

I think #2 is just too cool. Something about the last one makes me think of the Clint Eastwood spaghetti westerns. Maybe it's High Noon :confused:

I was thinking you might like this town. I got some more shots, but I'm pining away for all of it right now. I do hope I can make it back this fall and maybe even next spring. It's a bit hard for me to get what I want drifting through a location on the first trip through. I'd like to spend at least three days here, I'd find the light.

Stunning photos...I love your composition....I enjoy looking at you photos....its inspires me to become a better photographer.

Stunning photos...I love your composition....I enjoy looking at you photos....its inspires me to become a better photographer.

Thanks! And that inspires me.

These are right on. Would love to have places like this to shoot. Nicely done with these. Tough to pic a fave, but Im really diggin that door shot.

Not too hot, Bifurcator. After all, it's a dry heat :lmao:

I've never spent any time up in Jerome ... will have to go check it out. I have friends up there. I really like #2

Oh my - what a lovely place is that! Wow, you make it look ever so good in your photos, too! Makes me want to go there and try my best, as well. I love the repetition and stern square-ness of the first, but the door is also quite, quite appealing. There is GREEN growing out of the door, after all :greenpbl: :biggrin:

These are right on. Would love to have places like this to shoot. Nicely done with these. Tough to pic a fave, but Im really diggin that door shot.

I would have liked to spend some more time there. With the town being built on the side of the mountain there were views and unusual viewpoints all over the place.

Not too hot, Bifurcator. After all, it's a dry heat :lmao:

I've never spent any time up in Jerome ... will have to go check it out. I have friends up there. I really like #2

Loved the sense of humor in Phoenix while I was there- Temp: 120 - Feels like: 122

Oh my - what a lovely place is that! Wow, you make it look ever so good in your photos, too! Makes me want to go there and try my best, as well. I love the repetition and stern square-ness of the first, but the door is also quite, quite appealing. There is GREEN growing out of the door, after all :greenpbl: :biggrin:

Thanks LaFoto. I don't know what those trees are called, but they are very intrusive and stink when you break off a branch (as they are very brittle). Jerome is quite a pretty town, so that makes it easy.

Looks like a sumac to me. They grow everywhere. And fast. Like weeds.

Looks like a sumac to me. They grow everywhere. And fast. Like weeds.

Thanks. I ask around here and get a blank stare. So I'm running with that. There looks like there's countless varieties.

I had to cut down a couple overgrown ones yesterday. My 15yr-old grandson was surprised that they just break apart down to the trunk. He was also a bit surprised I had a chainsaw, and that it worked too. :) Will the fun ever stop?

Most reactions

Back