Jessica in the park

cfusionpm

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Shot these pics for a friend of mine the other day. C&C?

jessica1small.jpg

jessica2small.jpg

jessica3small2.jpg

If they are not supposed to be an ad for glasses, I would say try again without the glasses.

In #1 she is hunched over because of her arm(s) going back and the arm makes the pose weird.

The other are pretty nice except for the glasses.

Referring to the first one, I've really not done any portrait style work before. Is there a book or online source for like poses and direction I can give to subjects to get better results?

I agree with the "lose the glasses" comment. If you do, make sure she is not squinting into the sun.

I find there is excessive sharpness in the hair in 1 and 3, but that might just be a matter of taste.

The blacks seem a bit too black. I'm on my work monitor, so that could be the issue.

2 and 3 are definatly stronger than 1

I use to have a "pose handbook" so it probably still exist but I don't have any title to give you. I would google "model posing handbook" or something like that.

The black is too black. I don't have any details in it either. From what I'm seeing on forums, learning photographers should try and stay away from black clothing. It mostly comes out as a black mass with no details or just a little bit of tone like in the sleeve of your second photo.

she has a pretty face ...u shot all 3 with goggles....portrait is not complete unless the eyes are shown....at least in one....do they not look stereotyped?

for me, with the glasses on make 2 and 3 seem also "i'm a diva" look to them.

Most reactions

Back