Jessica *may not be work safe*

Discussion in 'The Professional Gallery' started by woodsac, Feb 17, 2007.

1. woodsac

woodsac TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Sorry...could someone please update this as *may not be work safe*...thank you!

This is my friend, Jessica. This was our first photo shoot. She's a real trooper to put up with me learning lighting techniques!!! So in return, she only has to pay for any prints she wants :D

These are from our latest session. The second one was meant to be a little grungy...so it may not work for everyone?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Sebastian

Sebastian TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    The first is really good! Nice b/w composition!
    You did a fine job.
    The second dosen`t work for me, sorry.

3. Sw1tchFX

Sw1tchFX TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Oh my god...She's gorgeous. I really like the first one but I don't like the shadow hiding her beutiful face in the 2nd one.

4. photo0101

photo0101 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    The first one is fantastic, I really like it. The lighting in very nicely done.

5. Arch

Arch Damn You! Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    well i think they both have merit.... i like the position of the first... her face looks well lit...
    In the second, i like how mysterious she looks only being able to see her mouth... and because her mouth is so pretty (and nicely lit) i think it works.

your lucky to have such a gorgeous model to work with!!...but i think you've done well shooting her too. :thumbup:

(btw i changed the warning in the title... let me know if you want it any different ;))

6. Jazz

Jazz TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Woodsac – I think these are both wonderful, but I much prefer the second. I think it’s much sexier, partially because it’s more mysterious because I can’t see her eyes, and partially because the light is more directional. The first is lovely, but I guess I’d prefer more directional lighting for drama, as the lighting looks a little flat for this kind of image. What I mean is, all the flesh is about the same in brightness. But everyone else seems to feel the opposite so maybe I’m just crazy today.

[FONT=&quot]Regardless, it’s more high quality work from you. :thumbup:
    [/FONT]

7. Tangerini

Tangerini TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I really like them both. I think you did a wonderful job showing two different kinds of sexy.

8. Sk8man

Sk8man TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    wow!
    these are two nice photoes.
    great way to show sexy a side.

9. JonnyVPA

JonnyVPA TPF Noob!

Scranton, PA is my Hometown but im constantly movi
    I like the first one, ALOT!!, very nice expression, she looks a little tense,

Now for the second..... couple things

I know what you were goin for (i can see it too hehe), she looks tense, the wrinkles in her shirt are too uneven... whenever i do wrinkles, I purposly make them and make the model stand still.... and another thing thats kinda buggin me is the fact that her shirt is tucked under her breasts....

Other than that I like your exposures and Composition, keep it up, you have a real nack for it and beleive me... IT ONLY GETS BETTER!!!

Sorry if i sound harsh in the critique

10. oldnavy170

oldnavy170 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I really like the first one. I think her face looks just perfect. I also like the second one but I wish she was lite up a little more. Other then that I really enjoyed looking at both of these. Excellent job!!!!

11. woodsac

woodsac TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Huge, huge thanks to everyone!!!

I got exactly what I wanted...honest feedback and critique...excellent critique! I don't know why, but this was a really tricky shoot for me? We were just throwing stuff together as we went, so not everything came out how I wanted. She loves both of em, so mission accomplished there.

Jazz, I do think I needed my main light a little lower in the first. I think my thought process for that one was that if there weren't any dramatic shadows, it would give a softer appearance. These were kind of meant to be #1, more sensual, and #2 more sexy.

So I guess it worked a little in each photo. But I know each one can use work. Thanks again, I really appreciate the honesty :thumbup:

12. Ripnowell45

Ripnowell45 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    You did an awesome job on this shot. She is a really pretty girl too. I wish I could get someone to model for me so I could practice.