Jessica- Model Head Shot

DanOstergren

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I met this girl while she was working at a clothing boutique in Portland. She has such beautiful features that I couldn't resist asking her if she'd be willing to let me photograph her.

Captured in all natural light.
EOS 5D Mark I
135mm @f/3.5
1/640th second
ISO 400
_mg_2982_2_by_danostergren-d91cxv3.jpg

Nice to see that the MKI I just picked up can take amazing pics. Those cheekbones are very pronounced.

Great headshot ,nice DOF . light is spot on . Beautiful eyes ! Well done ! 135 mm nice lens man .

The Mark I has a very unique tonal signature. It's hard to describe but it's very obviously different from the Mark II/III.

I love her hair. And her cheekbones. And her shirt. Everything about her just "works." Great photo.

A great photo in every way!

The Mark I has a very unique tonal signature. It's hard to describe but it's very obviously different from the Mark II/III.

I love her hair. And her cheekbones. And her shirt. Everything about her just "works." Great photo.
It really does have a unique look; I think it's because it only has 12 megapixels to stretch over the full frame censor. I love the way the Mark I renders a photograph, but to be very honest I prefer the look of the Mark II over both the I or III.

Nice to see that the MKI I just picked up can take amazing pics. Those cheekbones are very pronounced.

It really does have a unique look; I think it's because it only has 12 megapixels to stretch over the full frame censor. I love the way the Mark I renders a photograph, but to be very honest I prefer the look of the Mark II over both the I or III.

It's like the earlier APC-H 12 bit sensors from Canon. They have a very recognizable rendering of color and contrast compared to either APS-C or FF. I wish I could have a higher MP 1D Mark II sensor implanted into a newer body because of it lol.

Here is a before/after if anyone is interested in seeing.
_mg_2982_2_by_danostergren-d91mf0w.jpg

Go back. Photograph her more. I want to see a series.
Oh critique - a bit of an odd tension in her lips.
The over processed version is a tad too smooth.
Would love to see more of her.

I really love the cool tones you brought out in post. It suits the image, and her, quite nicely.

well done. tasteful editing.

Go back. Photograph her more. I want to see a series.
Oh critique - a bit of an odd tension in her lips.
The over processed version is a tad too smooth.
Would love to see more of her.
Thanks for the comments. Sorry, but the head shot is all that I want to share here.
I really love the cool tones you brought out in post. It suits the image, and her, quite nicely.
Thank you. My palette tends to be more on the cooler side when I edit.
well done. tasteful editing.
Thank you.

If that's the SOOC you didn't have to do too much to her skin, looks like ... a very pretty lady ... Did you use freq separation?

Love the cool tone ... Definitely changes the mood. Congrats on a really great image :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back