Jetta GLI + Scion tC photoshoot

skiboarder72

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.joshjonesphoto.com
Me and another guy that I work with at BMW got together with our cars to make them look good until we can afford our 335i's. Let me know what you think!

dsc9027gt0.jpg

dsc9029fg0.jpg

dsc9030my6.jpg

dsc9034kv8.jpg

dsc9035if0.jpg

dsc9045pl9.jpg

dsc9036wg3.jpg

dsc9042fc7.jpg

dsc9051vo9.jpg

They look great. Only thing is that 1 and 2 would of looked better IMO if the bike rack was off the Jetta. Pic 3.........love it.

Nice shots. My favorite is the interior photo. The sky is cool in a couple of the photos as well!

The one with Toys R Us and the last shot are fantastic, I could do without the rest of them

Third and the Toys R Us one are my favorites. Nice job.

Nice job... I agree that the rack should have been left off OR a couple nice looking bikes mounted.

Is that the Toys R Us in Elizabeth, NJ?

nice gli....and i say leave the rack on

I like #2. I think the Toys R Us one would have been cool, but I think there were some key things that weren't there...

1. Toys R Us sign lit up would have been way better.
2. Shot needed a fill flash- can't see the car at all.
3. Dead on side-shots of cars tend to be dull, an angle would have been better.
4. I would have turned the marker lights on, that always helps.
5. The image is slanted and heavily distorted... might have been ok, but I don't think it worked in this case.
6. The image has way too little of the car in it.

I hammer this one in particular because I think it COULD have been really cool. Not trying to bash the picture so much as support the idea of the picture, and make some suggestions on how to make it better next time.

BTW, I would watch your color balance on some of these, and I would personally go a bit easier on the post processing. If you happen to like the style, just ignore me.

Hell, feel free to ignore me regardless. :)

Thanks for your feedback chris! I'll have to show up again when the lights on top are lit up, it would be cooler with the side markers on as well, I haven't shot cars in awhile (too many weddings!) so I'm a bit rusty :)

Shot #1
Has a cool composition but the photoshop job to mask the front license plate off of the scion tC is a little distracting you might have turned the front wheels on the tC a little to get a little wheel in the shot.

Shot #2
Is my favorite of the group, I can see the tripod in the reflection, A lower ISO may have help reduce the noise, If you have a tripod why not go for the longer exposure.

Shot #3
The back lights are causing lens flare / ghosting a lower angle might have reduced this!

Shot #4
A tighter crop and turning the front wheels so that you are shooting rim and tire. Also maybe a slight negative angle.

Shot #5
The composition world work better in my opinion if the front Scion tC was facing the camera and the white cargo van shouldn't have made the shot at all.

Shot #6
I get the Idea but Good luck trying to get it to work. I'm sure it was a good Idea at the time.

Shot #7
Light issues and lens flare/ghosting

Shot #8
bring on the fuzz, To much noise and processing. With the light you had this is flash territory.

Shot #9
Nice For BW, Mega tripod reflection in front bumper.

My overall opinion is that this was very rushed photo sesh, Im sure you learned and had fun!

Thats My CC

Most reactions

New Topics

Back