Jewlery Shot - Metal Banded Womens Watch

Shutterbug

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
watchshot.jpg

Eh? I've never done a watch shot before, and this is what came out of it. I ended up building a homemade white light tent for this shot, but I think it came out okay.

This is (hopefully) an ad for a local jeweler - He wanted to see what I could do with it before he commited me to a job.

that is definitely good! i would suggest making sure the subject is completely cleaned and fingerprint free.

you might want to make sure that the background or whatever is all white. i see some gray in there.

terrific job!

thebeginning said:
you might want to make sure that the background or whatever is all white. i see some gray in there.

At first I did want it to be all white, but when a little bit of gray slipped in I felt it gave it a more metallic quality. :D

Thanks for the compliment... I'm just starting jewelry, really, and I hope that a youngun like myself (17) can cut it in a sect of photography populated by older types 8)

thet's a really good photo! I like the background, but I noticed some dark spots on the left side of the background. Those may be caused by a bit of dust on the mirror(?)-background. So when you shoot for him, make sure everythink is clean :)

I'm not keen on the reflection.

The watch on its own, in the middle of nowhere would be better

Personally I think both the reflection and the grey adds a little extra to the shot. Something different to every other jewlery catalogue. But then I'm no expert, just know what I like when I see it.

i like the exposure & the composition and the color on the watch face is so vibrant too!

but i think if the watch was rotated clockwise a little bit so the face of the watch isn't flush with the lens, it would make it a little more interesting... or even if you tilt the face so that it's perpendicular with the rest of the mirror.

the DOF on the rear of the watch band is a little bit too fuzzy. i think if you're going to use this as an advert, you'd want the entire watch to be in focus.

Agrees with meotter on the need for a larger depth of field.

Love it!!! The shallow depth of field seems elegant and very Tiffany's. The shadows in the lower left add interest to me. Although I think that they could be a stronger element in future frames. Extra credit for remembering that all time pieces should read "10:10". I am sure that the watch illuminates. If not keep in mind that you can not sell something that is not there.

craig said:
I am sure that the watch illuminates. If not keep in mind that you can not sell something that is not there.

That is the real color of the face, not an illumination - It's one of the reasons that I chose that watch - it had such a vibrant blue.

8)

Some curves, USM (details and shininess), eerase and healing brush (to delete reflection, your client may want "simple" uncluttered images to show clients. However you can show both versions and let him choose :):

watchshot.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back