Jill-e camera bags

Discussion in 'Photography Equipment & Products' started by jackieclayton, Jan 28, 2010.

1. jackieclayton

jackieclayton TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    has anyone used them and have an opinion they'd like to share? I posted this in another post but didn't get a reply, so I thought I'd start a new thread. I just want something to carry my camera in when I'm out and about (and not look like one of the tourists here! lol). I like the Jill-e style because they don't scream "camera bag"... they almost look like a purse or something. But quality is important to me and I don't want to pay $100 for a small camera bag just because it looks nice... so I'm wondering if it holds up well? I'm asking now because I've been looking at the yellow one for a while now and I see that its on sale until the end of the month. Any feedback? Thanks!! :D

jill-e small yellow nylon camera bag

2. Big

Big TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    And that's supposed to stop people from wanting to steal it?

3. usayit

usayit No longer a newbie, moving up!

North New Jersey, United States of America
    Photos OK to edit
    Looks a lot like the modern diaper bag.

4. jackieclayton

jackieclayton TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    no, i wasn't referring to theft... I just wanted something that doesn't look like i'm one of the thousands of tourists here and these came to mind. I like the backpack styles that Lowepro and Crumpler offer but i don't have that much gear anyway so the more gear i purchase and use regularly, I could see getting a bigger bag... but for now, i just want something small but also stylish. BUT, if these things are a piece of crap i'm not gonna waste my $, so just wondering if anyone else out there uses em?

5. jackieclayton

jackieclayton TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    well i have a 4 month old so perhaps i'll get double use out of it? :lol:

6. usayit

Photos OK to edit
    My camera bag actually was used as a diaper bag for a while... canvas with the padded inserts removed. I've seen the opposite work as well...

7. Big

Big TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Oh I see, I read that but what I quoted got my attention more. The bag I have is an old leather bag made by Diamond that used to be my Grandfathers. It doesn't look anything like a camera bag. I used to like the Canon bags but it's a dead give away. I have a nice swiss gear backpack I'd like to convert but it isn't exactly what I'd like in a few ways. Just better to go to the store and try em out. If that's the bag that interests you, I'd say go for it. Just make sure it will fit your camera and what else you need.

8. jackieclayton

jackieclayton TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    thanks for sharing! i wish I could go to the stores to give them a look but I like in Guam and we dont have places like that. The only place I can get legit camera equipment is the Navy Exchange and KMart (which sell basic dslrs and p&s stuff). The camera 'stores' here look like the "going out of business sale" stores from that movie the Zohan... selling overpriced grey market crap (lol... if i look close enough it probably has Nikan on the label instead of Nikon). Anyway... thats why I post a lot of product questions on here, I literally have no way of browsing a store that carries anything i'm interested in.

9. ChasK

ChasK TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Many years ago when I lived in Europe I use an old wwII Navy Surplus Gas Mask Case as a camera bag. I could set it down in even the most crowded train station and not have to worry about it.

10. Big

Big TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    :lol: I can see it now... Nikan and Cannon

11. usayit

Photos OK to edit
    Any bag can be used for camera equipment. ... I have three shoulder bags (large, medium, small) that I use often and only one was actually designed for cameras. My largest shoulder is an Old navy canvas bag which had the advantage of having a rubber lining. I simply use some inserts partitions to protect the lenses inside. I sometimes roll up a towel or foam on the bottom too.

If you expand your search to non-camera specific camera bags there are so many good options out there. Diaper bags work too .. seriously.

This is my smallest shoulder bag from Fossil. Inside is a hard lens case with sewn velcro to keep it upright in the middle. Extra lens goes inside the hard case, camera+lens to one side of the case, and the flash to the other side.

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/...1263047173-whats-your-camera-bag-p1010790.jpg

12. jackieclayton

jackieclayton TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    yup, they sell both of those brands..haha... however, its always FINAL SALE!!! lol... i love how all the stores here are final sale, cash only. lol.... its so dirty....