Jill - many more (13 photos)

Fantastic work. Beautiful girl and great compositions.

I like #5 #9 and #10, althought the door gap in #10 is wide, and when shooting cars, try to not have any distinguishable reflections. The horizon line on a muscle car's reflection should be strong and sharp. It helps to make the car a part of the subject too.

I'm a car guy, so the car shots are my faves... :D :D NICE camaro there

Great set! #2 is my favorite. Her face has a nice tone and great definition, and the colors really pop. In some of the others, the focal length is a bit wide for me, but I have a bias against that. Wonderful shots!

Daniel, I like these very much. I wish I had locations like this nearby.

#1 Gorgeous expression. I think with her stance like this, she needs to really exaggerate the weight onto her left foot to give it more curve. I just think if she had shot her hip out more it would look nicer.

#2 I like her hands on different levels like this and it's a fun and creative pose. Why is one sleeve longer than the other? The shirt is very busy and distracting (not your fault....why do people always think they'll look best in outfits like this? :) ) but you could have prevented the added distraction of her shirt sleeves being different. I like the tilt of the camera for this one as well.

#3 I like the pose for the most part but I don't know entirely how I would improve it. I can't see her eyes but her expression is provocative and pleasing. The location here is somewhat dull and boring so in a situation like this with a dull b.g., I would prefer nicer lighting to give it more mood. The light is soft and nice but has no real direction. How does this look in color? Maybe more post processing can help it look more dramatic (which is what I'm thinking you were going for).

#4 I'm a lover of true wide angle shots so I enjoy this one a lot. It gets me excited to get the 5d in the next few weeks! I like the light on her face here and the pose. I'd vignette it or do some selective burning to help draw more attention to her face though.

#5 I love this one. The backlighting is nice and the clouds are gorgeous but most importantly, her expression is so fitting for this composition and cloudy sky. For my own tastes, I'd darken the sky. Her pose is great but I still think she could exaggerate the weight on her right foot more to shoot that hip out a little bit.

#6 I like this pose a lot. I think it could benefit if her hands didn't block her face though--she could turn her face a little to her right and tilt her head. This would unblock her face and give it more angle and depth/dimension. It might even help shape her face more with the light. The tilt of the head would make the pose less static. With her head running up and down like that it lacks curvature and feeling. Does that make sense?

#7 Another cool wide angle. The license plate distracts me a bit. There are a lot of compositional opportunities with this pose and car.

#8 Her head could use a tilt and I don't think I like her hand on the car. The light on her face is nice and could be accentuated if she turned her face towards is a bit.

#9 I'd clone out your lightstand and one or two power poles.

#10 Creative and different. You did fine. I'm just not a fan of the expression.

#11 I'd like to see this a bit warmer in tone.

#12 Love the light on her hair. Again with the hip...not so much here because your camera tilt gives it a nice feel.

#13 Nice pose and I like the foreground inclusion. Cute shot.

Great job.

Not sure which ones are my favorite maybe #s 2, 6, 7, 8; also like the bad girl look of #10

I do not like the pose in #s 3 & 4, and with #5 personally I don’t like overexposed sky in color but I fine with them in B&W; #9 polarizer

Great series; as usual!

what lens did you use for the wider shots?

#2 and #5 are my faves!!!

Great job! What camera/lenses did you use?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back