Jim Beam Distillery C&C please

mommy22

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just got back from a trip to Kentucky and we went to some distilleries. It was too cold to be out for too long so I only got a couple of good shots. I think these 2 are pretty good but don't like the construction vehicles in the one. Any C&C is welcome!

jimbeamdistillery2.jpg

jimbeamdistillery.jpg

#1 The sticks in the shot kill it and so do all the random machinery. Not composed very well.

#2 Noisy to the max and its a bit crooked. I think the left side should be cropped closer to the building ta get rid of all the BG crap.

So more contrast then...I like it.

I was thinking I got the horizon pretty level no? It was very hilly where we were.
Thx for the C&C

actually I sharpened, increased contrast, darkened, and squished the bottom of your photo, then I re-cropped it. Look at the shape of the barn in your edit vs mine. building should appear square to all the edges in a photo, or at least close to it. when you take a photo of a tall building from ground level, the lines tend to look like this:
4384946007_519c025d0f.jpg

it's very easy to fix in photoshop though.

By squished the bottom, what do you mean? I agree about the lines being off in my photo. What else could I have done on the compostion to have made it better right off the bat? Thanks.

Honestly, for going to such a historic location- you really didn't capture anything that says "old Jim Beam distillery". I was expecting something with a little more character. I have never been there myself, but if this is all they have to offer I will cross it off my list of places to go.

To me, it is two photos of white buildings that could have been taken from a moving car. The second one does look old, but that is it's only defining feature.

Did you go on a tour or anything? Any other photos?

p!nK

I hope you don't mind, but I gave your second one a little PP work. I quite like it.

Untitled-1copy-4.jpg

Ouch, waaaaaaaaaaay too much contrast. Other than that, good corrections on the image.

It was not very interesting at all. Their "tour" was watching a video and sampling the whiskey afterwards. There were only a few buildings like the ones I posted. Not the most exciting place in the US-Makers Mark was nicer.

It was not very interesting at all. Their "tour" was watching a video and sampling the whiskey afterwards. There were only a few buildings like the ones I posted. Not the most exciting place in the US-Makers Mark was nicer.

noted. thank you.

p!nK

Most reactions

Back