JimmyJCsMom

elsaspet

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.visionsinwhite.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ugg, I know that isn't the right screenname, but I know you by your real name, so I can't remember the screen one.
Let's start again...
Kathi,
You had written me the other day about gausian blurs.
Long story as to why I no longer have that e-mail, but it's gone.
I don't want to leave you hanging.
Yeah, sometimes guys don't like the softy look, but you can comprimise by doing the blur on a layer mask so that you can softly clone back in certain parts to make it less obvious.
I'm learning Painter X right now, it it's giving me a whole new appreciation for subtle.
A huge help for both of these tasks is a Drawing Tablet. You can actually "Paint" using lighter and heaver brush strokes.
You can send what you are working on directly to my e, or post them here. I'll show you what I've learned, ok?
After you get used to it, you can do it in seconds.
Hugs,
Cindy

Ain't it the grand old mother of buttons? Yay!

Ok, here is a short tutorial on making beautiful skin, without being too foggy. Hope it helps:

Here is the orginal from a wedding I'm working on now. This was taken no flash with a 70-200 2.8.
jenorig.jpg

So there isn't a lot of distractions, I'm going to work close up, although I would do this to the full skin areas.
wed_jenpro_cu.jpg

The very first thing I will do is "heal" on a duplicate layer. That way, I can bring back the imperfections slightly to make it more real.
wed_jenpro_cuheal.jpg

Then, I run an action called "Dollface" to get the skin nice and pretty. You can also do this by making a guasian layer mask and painting the details back in. Be sure to use full opacity on the eyes, lips, teeth, and jewlery.
wed_jenpro_cuheadflcopy.jpg

5. Because there wasn't a lot of light in the eyes, I used a series of dodge/burns to the eye area to really bring out some sparkle.
wed_jenpro_cuheadfleyes1.jpg

I then came back with another layer mask to sharpen her jewlery, eyes, and lower lip.
wed_jenpro_cuheadfleyes1sharp.jpg

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to let me know.

Again:

Before-
wed_jenpro_cu.jpg

After-
wed_jenpro_cuheadfleyes1sharp.jpg

I guess the key is, you can't do this in any one step. It's a several step kind of thing. But once you get the steps down, you can do it REALLY quickly without being too fake.
Without recording the time involved for saving for web, uploading, and transfering to this site, the total process would be under 3 minutes.
Here are the vital steps again:
1. Heal problem areas on a dupe layer, and bring back just enough to be real.
2. Use a guasian layer mask, and paint it lightly. Bring back all the details of eyes, lips, teeth, lower nose, and jewlery.
3. Sharpen the above areas.

Most reactions

Back