Job search

monkeykoder

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Searching for a job sucks especially when you have a field in mind that you want to work in. Looks like I'm going to have to work some odd jobs until something in my field rolls around that might work.

Of course almost having my BA and wanting to go on don't help either.

Believe me I know what you mean!

Searching for a job sucks especially when you have a field in mind that you want to work in. Looks like I'm going to have to work some odd jobs until something in my field rolls around that might work.

Of course almost having my BA and wanting to go on don't help either.

tell me about, im from alberta and there are a ton of welding jobs open. jsut no good ones. I sent out 10 resume's and got 9 replies for interviews that I turned down over the phone becasue of pay. keep your chin up though. something good always rolls around. I waited 1 month for the job I am in now. and for a welder that is unheard of. lol

waht is your field of work?

Right now I'm just finishing with my degree in Math. Ideally I would go on for a PH.D and pursue a job at a university but time/money/job availability concerns have pretty much squashed that idea. So the current plan would be either a job as an analyst of sorts or teach high school but seriously who wants to deal with high school students.

Looking for work always sucks. Atleast you have multiple options open to you. I would want to deal with HS kids myself but, if it keeps you in a house and, eating then temporarily it should do. Besides it is easier to get a job when you have one.

Well even that I can't start for another 6mo and I'd need something in the meantime.

You should try looking for a job over here in Pennsylvania. If you aren't in Pittsburgh or Philly, there's only one good paying job. That would be engineering. I'm not an engineer, but I work for all the engineers in my employment. What I've found is, to be an engineer, you also have to be an *******. I can't be an *******, so I'm stuck. Just about every other job I come across is a $12-15 job no matter what schooling or experience you have. I have 2 kids and a wife and I can't afford to start back over again at $12-15. Nor can I afford to continue at my current wage because we've had a near freeze on the hourly employees for the past 5 years while the ******* engineers have been raking in the pay.

Engineers don't actually make all that much.
Depends on what "all that much" means to you. $150k/year around here compared to $12/hour is quite a difference...

You must be talking some top notch engineers there then again it depends on the field. Most engineers I've met make between 50-80k a year.

Most reactions

Back