Jolie

Very nice; I'd like to see a little more detail in the hair, and perhaps crop a bit of the bottom off to remove the disembodied foot.

Like the processing, but I would have gone with a 4X5 crop to get her arm fully in and get the ghost foot out.

The pose and the clothing are really hurting this. The shirt's line on the left is wrinkly and more or less a straight line; at the bust, her bust shape is hidden; at the belly area and top of the pants area, the shirt pooches out...the one bicep area has a twisted sleeve...she has no visual waistline, no indent at all...most of the problems with the shirt front are because she's seated flat on her buttocks, and is leaning so that she can rest that elbow on the raised knee...her posture is forced, and odd, and so the shirt's lines are all messed up in every way possible. The droopy pockets, and the V-line the bottom of the shirt make...ehhh....pretty girl....but this pose is not good. Hate to be so tough on this one, but this is just not well-executed...the clothing in this is just killing this shot.

Her forehead and the area below her nose are also blown out, exposure wise.

I rotated the shot 14 degrees clockwise, then cropped out the majority of the shirt, right down to where the neckline comes to the bottom on the V...the face and hair are all fine...quite good.

Last edited:
Appreciate the comments and the critique!

I'd shoot her a little lower extending her neck, it looks a little blown out /bright and she has great freckles worthy of a reshoot...and I agree that the pose is hurting the shot

I think it's wonderful. Love lighting on the hair and face. Stunning model.

Not quite there for me only because of her left arm half in half out. But other than that, a very good shot.

Nice soft background, lovely expression, subtle make-up, and I like the bright visible earring.
:)

Thanks to everyone for the comments--both the positive ones and the constructive criticism. I appreciate all of it and it definitely gets me looking at a shot in new/different way, which is a good thing, I think.

Here is the colored shot just for comparison.

is she your daughter?

I like it overall, but there are those little things already mentioned that do kind of stack up a little. I might consider cropping her almost all the way the against the left side of the frame, and maybe even cropping the offending foot out. If that would work, you could get rid of the wrinkles in the shirt along that side and bring the arm completely in frame. In a perfect world, maybe the shirt could have been clipped together a little on her back, taking out the excess around her belly (in a perfect world..)? I actually prefer the color version, but I would probably bump up the colors. This is one of those that could truly have been outstanding if we could only go back in time and tweak just very minor things. All said and done, the picture still captures my attention, and it would be one that I were happy with had I taken it.

...I would probably bump up the colors.

I'm sure the colour would clip on her top, and you'd have to do processing work to avoid the increased reflected red hue on her face.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back