Jones Beach NewYork Air Show

Discussion in 'Locations & Meetup forum' started by Heck, May 18, 2009.

1. Heck

Heck TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I never been to one but I have a plan to get some shots without going to the show :sexywink:. There may be pratice runs before the event this weekend (may 23,24) Maybe a mini meet up if we can make the same day or spot.

This is what I'm thinking of doing. I want to hit at least one day of practice at jones beach and or go to the airport to get up close. I hear there are spots to scout around the outside of the airport to get some take offs and landings. A better option is to hit the American Airpower Museum at Republic Airport and check out the action from there.

Has anyone done this for this event?

Last edited: May 18, 2009
  2. Jaszek

Jaszek No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit
    Hey sounds like a great idea. Weekend for me is a nono since I'll most liley be working but maybe Monday I might make it to Jones Beach. BTW is there any other way to get there other than car? See it sucks to be a 17 year old with gear that you could've easily spent the money on a cheap used car lol.

3. Heck

Heck TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I think car is the only way as I never heard of a bus or train close by. But I'm not really from that area so I'm not 100% sure. Monday is no air show it's on the Sat and Sun. But Friday may have a practice run or two.