Jones Soda is great, isn't it?

DramaDork626

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.dramadork626.deviantart.com
Olympus Digital, Indoors, Natural lighting from the window.
Yah, I am a Jones Soda freak. Anyway, I thought the cap looked cool in the lighting it was in. But, since last time I did a shot with just the object alot of people called it BORING, i did two versions, one of the cap alone, and one with rose petals int he back (yah, i just happened to have some). I think it looks good plain. But, since the art word demand that you please the viewers as well (if you wanna be successful) then give the damn people what they want. Anyway. Tell me which one is better and tell me what you think of the lighting
JONES.jpg

JonesRose.jpg

Yes... Jones is great, and so is Headv& Shoulders. Just kidding. but the fluff or whatever on the caps detracts from the whole thing. I think the first makes a much stronger statement.

you can get rid of the fluff by cleaning it with medicinal alcohol (or any other kind of alcohol for that matter) and not wait too long before you take the shot. the first shot looks better because the background is simple and so is the cap. the light is quite too harsh fmpov but it doesn't distract that much from the quality of the pic. Problem is that there is too much of the silver brushed metal thingie and too little black on top. maybe if you could cut it to just a 4-5mm rim it would look more ballanced.this way it just looks too damned big. or you could try a closer crop. you can do that with your digital by buying a magnifying glass at an optical shop and using it to boost your macros, fill the frame more.

now, come to think about it, if it wasn't for the very harsh light, the second pic would be very good.

Most reactions

Back