Joseph Hamilton, Pvt. Tennessee Militia War of 1812

eric-holmes

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I found this old cemetery today and it really had some old headstones. Most of them were just rocks set in the ground. Pretty cool place.

_DSC0008.jpg

A few more edits

_DSC0010.jpg

_DSC00102_edited-1.jpg

_DSC00102_edited-2.jpg

second one is sweet. You kept the detail in the shadows. nice.

Thanks, this was my first time using a silver reflector. I read where it increases contrast for black and whit pictures. I knew I would be going for a darker look in these.

Any other c&c on this. It was my first time reflecting light.

As the Manly Man of Heim once said, cemeteries are fooking hard to photograph and get anything worthwhile.

Sorry, I don't find find your shots very interesting. But as the man said, it is a tough subject to make interesting. Keep trying though.

I like the first one for the impact or whatever it is. I'm not so high on wide angles because of the tilted verticals, but this one caught my eye.

Sorry I can't agree with CW on this one. I usually find this old stuff interesting. Anyway, Joe lived to be a ripe old age for his time.

I like the first one for the impact or whatever it is. I'm not so high on wide angles because of the tilted verticals, but this one caught my eye.

Sorry I can't agree with CW on this one. I usually find this old stuff interesting. Anyway, Joe lived to be a ripe old age for his time.
I noticed that too. Living to 89 would have been pretty unusual as the average age people lived to was about 40 through the 1800's.

I just thought it was cool that he was from the war of 1812. How cool is that?

I have a cemetery like that right up the street from my house, there are tons that you can not even read anymore but I see dates from as early as the 1700s in there! Its pretty interesting.

Funny how cemeteries are so interesting for us as photographers, I love them. having said that I am trying my best at the same time to not being in one. Just a thought Eric, try (given the dates) of adding grain and a hint of sepia, it might work. I love playing around with these types of pics.

I have a thing about verticals too but I've never seen a straight head stone of this age, tilting headstones is all part of the old cemetery look

I like the first one; I like the perspective- the rest of the 'people' in the rear, and the feeling of entering their ...home. the crop is very good for that. I also like the tones and contrast, very good shot.

I have a cemetery like that right up the street from my house, there are tons that you can not even read anymore but I see dates from as early as the 1700s in there! Its pretty interesting.
A photo op! I can't wait to see the results.::blushing::D

Most reactions

Back