Joshua Tree Adventures (Part 1)

Austin Greene

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
www.austingreenephotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey folks! I just returned from a four day photographic excursion into Joshua Tree National Park with a good friend of mine. I thought some of you might enjoy the images. I'll post more once I finish editing the mountain of photos ahead of me :lol:

Hope you enjoy the photos, and as always, critique is not expected but more than welcome!
Some photos had more effort put into them than others.

1. Knowing me, there always has to be a macro shot or two, even in the desert!

Unlikely Pollinators by TogaLive, on Flickr

2. Nectar robbing fly

Nectar Robber by TogaLive, on Flickr

3. First night out, trying to get a feel for how the skies would behave. Lots of suspended dust.

Abandon by TogaLive, on Flickr

4. Didn't put as much effort into this one, it was damn cold this evening.

Joshua Sky by TogaLive, on Flickr

5. Light pollution can, in my opinion, be beautiful under the right context. In this case, coming from Yucca Valley, CA

Desert Horizons by TogaLive, on Flickr

6. By far my favorite photo from the trip so far. Saw what I wanted from the start, and it came out perfectly! Spent a solid hour just laying on a cliff watching the stars pass by as the exposures rolled on, which was a great bonus.

Heaven & Earth by TogaLive, on Flickr

More to come soon :)

I love the detail on the ant!

Just a question- did you do multiple exposures and layer them for the star trails or one long 1 hour exposure?

I love the detail on the ant!

Just a question- did you do multiple exposures and layer them for the star trails or one long 1 hour exposure?

Glad you enjoyed it! It was taken with the usual setup, just a flash and a cheap Canon 50mm f/1.8 on extension tubes!

All of the star trails were done with multiple exposures, stacked in post. No way would I let my sensor bake itself to death for 1-2 hours :mrgreen: Unfortunately on #4 I bumped my tripod just prior to light painting, so the trails are a tad off, but it gives an interesting effect.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back