Joshua Tree NP & Co.

seemoo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.simonchristen.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Some pictures from a recent trip to Joshua Tree National Park and along historic route 66.

I hope you like them. Please let me know what you think and how to make them better.

Thanks.

1316681926_b418418886_o.jpg

1315794275_e8e0d85f5e_o.jpg

1316679672_18ce234d7c_o.jpg

1315795043_c5405afc1b_o.jpg

1318016425_320f3de32a_o.jpg

Nice shots from Keys View, that's as good as it gets.

Got more?

Wow. Excellent shots! Looks like Velvia or something like that. Colors are awesome; and the framing is perfect!

Very nice job!

good stuff. I'd crop a bit off the top in the first image and crop out the rust stop on the right in the bullet holes image. But these are minor adjustments which may or may not improve the photos. Overall ... well done ... hope it wasn't too hot out there for you San Franciscians.

Gary

Wow. The colors on those crane shots are amazing.
I also love the layers of landscape in the last shot.

Dani

Thanks a lot.

abraxas: Thanks. Yea it was really beautiful up there. I have some more from the same trip. You can find them here on my flickr account. Also, I still have a bunch i haven't gotten a chance to work on yet.

AbelR74: Thanks a lot. I'm glad you like them.

Roger: Thank you. Yea they are all HDR, except the bullet hole one. And all of them got a photoshop pass.

Seefutlung: Thanks. Yea man, it was boiling hot. Quite a difference from SF. I have to get used to it tho, I just moved down to LA. Last weekend was crazy hot here. I will give the cropping a try. I can see the sunset one work with less clouds... I kinda like the bullet hole on the right tho... Will try it tho. Thanks a lot for the suggestions.

Any one else?

thanks

very nice shots...
especially like the first shot.

great colors and composition!

Welcome to SoCal. Yep ... awfully hot last week ... and then you were in Joshua Tree ... the desert ... Glendale is hot ... hot hot hot in summer. Far different than Mark Twain's quote of the coldest winter I spent was a summer in San Francisco. The best part though is now you're a Dodger fan. lol

Gary

So the crane looks unfamiliar to me- Is that even in the park? Maybe Colorado desert side?

Oops, didn't see the Route 66 note. Maybe east of Amboy?

great shots !! Good use of your wider lens.

Although I have to admit I like the sunset shot the most... Very cool.....

abraxas: Yea it's along Route 66 in a junkyard. I can't remember exactly where it was, but I think East of Amboy sounds about right...

THORHAMMER: Thanks man. I have to say, I like the sunsets a lot as well. But I also like the red and yellows of the crane...

thanks

Most reactions

New Topics

Back