JPEG to...(?) for lossless imaging

Player_1

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I read somewhere that JPG is a bad file format for pictures. Over time, the pictures begin to loose their quality. I read somewhere I could convert images to TIF to retain image quality, so I decided to convert the JPGs to TIFs.

After turning my 2 megapixel images, which were each about 300KB, I noticed the files size of each image increased to 5 megabytes. I thought to myself, "WOAH! That's too big!"

Isn't there a way to keep a decent image with a small file size?

"Over time" would mean editing over and over, I think. They don't lose data just because they "age." I'm not fond of TIFF either because of the file sizes and I use the PSD format in Photoshop for scanned film images. My digital images are stored in RAW which is more efficient than TIFF as well.

yea JPEG or any other file format for that matter will never lose quality over "age" but after editing that is a diffrint story, i shoot in raw and store my meta data and origionals from there i have PSD's Tif's, Ai's and Jpegs it depends on what you are really doing because i use alot of pro software every day i have a wide variety of files and diffrint formats because there isnt that "perfect" one.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back