July Lightning

Jayson Prentice

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.stormcenterusa.com
Managed to get a few pop-up thunderstorms nearby the night of July 14/15, great little lightning producers. The images were also enhanced by the moon, with nearly a full-moon in the south sky giving way to illuminate the entire cloud even without the lightning. It made for an impressive sight, and something that I stood out to enjoy for nearly 2 hours late that night. Here are a few of the best ones, the entire gallery can be found here.

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

Very nice captures. As they are, I'd have to say the last two are my favorite. It would be the third, but there is a little bit too much exposure time for the fast moving clouds.

#3 and #4 are my faves! (by the way, it helps if you number the photos in the future)

Good captures! :)

Very cool. I especially like #5 with the lighting going up out of the cloud and the stars in the background.

I got some extremely nice shots of lightning with my Kodak P&S, all coincidinces considered of course, that are NOWHERE near as amazing as yours (which are spectacular btw). If youd like to see them, I have a thread in the Beginners section and theyre in there. Ill post a link. feedback would be great.

those have to be some of the coolest night time storm shots I have ever seen!:thumbup:

Most reactions

Back