Julyoween

Chiller

Mental case
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Since this is my 1000th post I thought I would share my other hobby, and another reason I wanted to get into photography. I do a large Halloween haunt at my house every year, and capturing pics was really hard, since it was so dark.
I can not remember the settings on these shots, but this year, I will pay more attention to them.
I scratch build everything, and if I do need a store bought item , I will usually convert it, and give it a "real " look.

See, I always had a crow on a gravestone, but just not the real thing :lol: :lol:

PB010170a.JPG

This is my "demon" that is about 8' tall and stands on the roof.

114_1422ab.JPG

My "minister" who stands at the front of the cemetery.

114_1419aB.JPG

This is the tallest gravestone in my cemetery. It stands almost 9' tall, and is made mostly from styrofoam. I did this pic using a "painting with light" technique.

Rosaria1.jpg

"Alice" is my mourning lady. She is full size and is just a static prop. I hope to animate her hands soom.

ALICE.JPG

My first animatronic prop. Samara from The Ring. She rises and falls into the well, by using a motor and some small arms. I tried to add some noise to this photo to give it that cheap TV look.

112_1224a.JPG

ok, I need to find you house next halloween. To much fun, great job. My wife would love it she is a halloween fanatic.

man, these are great....i would love to have the first one as a poster over my bed...its great...."alice" and "samara" actually look like me on a good day.....(i resemble those statements..)

i think i have dated a guy that looks like the demon....

man you have some major talent there, chiller...and you hand made these??? and i gotta ask...did you add the moon later, or take it during a full moon....bet that was creepy, 'eh? how many trick or treater kids have the nerve to come see you?? do you hand out much candy?? the shots are great....but the work is awesome...just inspiring...

Wow Chiller, the pictures are cool, but the props are flat out wicked! (Hey, I make a big graveyard in my front yard too. I normally have at least a few kids afraid to walk up to my door. Too much fun!!!!!)

Thanks all for the replies. There is nothing like scaring the pants off somebody at halloween. I find the adults scare better then the kids. :lol: :fangs: :lol:
Aprilraven... The moon is real. It was out 2 days before halloween, so I took advantage of it. It was not quite full yet, but did the job.
I get some kids that wont come up to the house, but most are really good sports. We wont scare the little ones though. So you look like Alice?

elsaspet...Do you do all your own props? Glad to see your a haunter too.
Core17. I think it is only about a 7 hour drive to Toronto from Illinois :lol:

That second picture is cool, in and by itself!! Love it all! :lol: We'll all be making the trek to your place this October, I'm thinking - this is amazing work! :thumbup:

I am an absolute chicken and scare at my own shadow so I will be happy to stay right here for Halloween. However, great job on the props and photos... impressive!

Calliope said:
I am an absolute chicken and scare at my own shadow so I will be happy to stay right here for Halloween. However, great job on the props and photos... impressive!
Oh, come on, Linda....I'll paint you up like a ghoul, tease up your hair, and you can jump out from behind a tree and scare people....it'll be fun! :mrgreen:

terri said:
Oh, come on, Linda....I'll paint you up like a ghoul, tease up your hair, and you can jump out from behind a tree and scare people....it'll be fun! :mrgreen:

Believe it or not, I use to be a part of those haunted houses back in college. Now, I can't even look in the mirror without scaring myself... :lol:

Calliope said:
Believe it or not, I use to be a part of those haunted houses back in college. Now, I can't even look in the mirror without scaring myself... :lol:
Silly girl. ;) I'm sure Jon thinks just the opposite when he sees you!

Of course I'm the same way, especially first thing in the am, hair all wild....it's not a pretty sight!
biglaugh.gif

chiller...looks like you have some help around here if you need it...and yes, actually, i do look like alice...i have found, if i lay across a grave, people think i am mourning... go figure...!!!

if we all get together at your house...and help...calliope and terri can pass out candy...the good news is, i wont need any dressing up or makeup... i look like "halloween on crack" on most days anyway...!!! (cheap prop, here...make up your own jokes...!!)

Terrific photo's chiller, loved the whole series and narration. I am with every one else, I want to hang at your place holloween.

Hell of a good 1000th post, congradulations :cheers:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back