jumbo jet

psal05

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
had to run fast maybe i will use continous shooting....

what do you think?

jumbo.JPG

i think if you were to crop out the fence you would be surprised...

good job thinking quickly though

md

I'm surprised you didn't get asked what the hell you were doing! I've been by Stansted Airport before now in the hopes of getting some good shots and keep getting pounced on by security and told to move on!

Cool shot. I actually like the fence in the frame. Ands something to it for me. Shot looks a little blurry, I assume you were using a zoom at near full focal length, so I guess thats gonna happen sometimes.

So what type of camera were you using?

on a side note, I remember a couple years back, a buddy of mine an myself went over to MPLS airport and were checkingout some of the flights arriving and departing, and I hadn't even brought my camera with me. Well since this was about 9 months after 9-11-01, security was and is rather tight. Anway, within about 2 minutes a four-wheeler with a mounted machine gun on the front did a little drive-by and gave us the ol' "get moving" sign and sat there until we left. Needless to say, it only took us the time to do the "ok..we're out!" wave, and got on out of there.

It was pretty interesting. I guess hanging around an airforce hangar for too long is not cool.

I agree as well. Your should crop the fence and maybe rotate the plane a bit to the left. Otherwise, great photo!

Were you in a car or something? I don't get how you could've been 'running' and snapping the shot at the same time. ;)

I'll concur on fence. :p

I went to pick up a friend at the air-port and I was staring at those completely unreadable 'you are here' maps when I noticed two armed security guards were staring at me. I ignored them and went on my way. When I got back into the car, I realized I had worn my "Northwest Airlines - Maintence Crew" vest, which is one of my favorite items of clothing that I own.

I'm sure they were thinking 'either he works here and has no idea where he's going, which is odd, OR he doesn't work here and he's up to something no good.' ;)

Three cheers for the naive!

Most reactions

Back