Jumping out of an airplane...

Yeah, by the way Joe . . . last night, as I was thinking about it a day after you called me and told me you did it . . . it hit me . . . my best friend made the conscious decision to hop in a plane, fly really high, decide he no longer wanted to be IN the plane, and then proceeded to hurl himself at the earth at an incredibly high rate of speed. WHAT WERE YOU THINKING!?!? YOU COULD HAVE KILLED YOURSELF!!!!!

(yeah yeah, I know the statistics)

(I also might be a little jealous)

Do it! I did a tendem jump, so all I had to do was climb out and make sure I was in the correct frefall position. It's absolutely worth the cost :)

Tandem jumps are probely one of the safest ways, i've always wanted to that and to bungee jump off a bridge and go base jumping.

Tandem jumps are probely one of the safest ways, i've always wanted to that and to bungee jump off a bridge and go base jumping.

Looks like I may be going again in a few weeks, to start my certification. Once I get licensed, I'll only have to pay $25/jump...much better than the $200 the last one cost me. Which means, I'll be doing it alone soon

awesome. Such a thrill eh :D
I did it once when i was in New Zealand. Also have a you-tube clip, if you want to see it you can go
I would do it all the time if i had the money :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like I may be going again in a few weeks, to start my certification. Once I get licensed, I'll only have to pay $25/jump...much better than the $200 the last one cost me. Which means, I'll be doing it alone soon

200 $!! you can jump out of a plane your self for free ;) lol.

getting certified would be really worth it, just to say Hey, i'm a certified skydiver!

200 $!! you can jump out of a plane your self for free ;) lol.

getting certified would be really worth it, just to say Hey, i'm a certified skydiver!

The licensing program costs something like $1400 for the 25 training jumps (avg. $56 each), then it drops to $25 for 12,000 feet. It ain't cheap, buy boy is it fun!

awesome. Such a thrill eh :D
I did it once when i was in New Zealand. Also have a you-tube clip, if you want to see it you can go HERE
I would do it all the time if i had the money :)

I brilliantly didn't opt for the video. (Actually it was an extra $100, so I said screw that)

Once I get a few jumps under my belt, I'll get a video when I can actually do something interesting besides fall... We'll see how it goes.

That's awesome. About two years ago, me and two other friends said when we turn 18, we are gonna do that. I just turned 18 yesterday, so I'm gonna do it pretty soon. I can't wait!
How does the certification work? Is it $25 uncluding gear, too? Or do you have to buy your own gear? I wanna get certified when I join the Marines (I already know I will like it haha)

That's awesome. About two years ago, me and two other friends said when we turn 18, we are gonna do that. I just turned 18 yesterday, so I'm gonna do it pretty soon. I can't wait!
How does the certification work? Is it $25 uncluding gear, too? Or do you have to buy your own gear? I wanna get certified when I join the Marines (I already know I will like it haha)

I figure if I'm going to spend the time and money getting the license, I'd have my own gear. The $25 is for going up in the plane, the rest is up to you

Have fun with it!

Coming from an Army Airborne family I am reminded of a saying my father said to me once when I expressed interest in skydiving...
"I don't care how many skydives you have, until you've stepped out of a plane at 5,000 feet, into pitch darkness wearing 95 pounds of gear and 30 pounds of chute... You're still nothing but a leg."
(Leg is Army for non-Airborne)

It still has yet to curb my enthusiasm to do said activity.

shock.gif

Yikes!! Glad it was 'fun'. I'm adventurous, but I'm not sure I'd jump out of a perfectly good airplane!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back